"notices" being able to hide

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by myles117, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know if this will fall on deaf ears figured I'd ask. Is there any way the notices (which are almost always sale advertisements) can be hidden by the user just like subscribed threads, subscribed discussions, infractions and reputation sections? Its nice to see new sales but seeing it everytime I go to my user cp bI could do without.

Thanks fer hearin me out mods of GC. I realize the whole site's goal is to sell product so I don't have my hopes up but it was worth asking :)

2. SJ sets the notices as he sees fit. It's not anything that can be changed on an individual basis. Sorry.

If it makes you feel better, he's making me look at it too. :p I dig it, though...there's nothing like seeing HoHoHo420 at the top of the page. :p ;)

3. Thank ya kindly, Hohoho happy holidays to ya :wave:

4. hey while we on the matter, the notice up now shows me.... 12,5% ...is it supposed to be 12.5 or 12, 5% off purchases... cause the 12 is big, then a comma, then a smaller 5... its throwing me off

5. maybe we'll get lucky n its 12 to the 5th power savings! :devious: :laughing:

6. hahaha thats like 250k bucks off! Im down

7. I have to say it's pretty obnoxious. I understand why it's there but I surf GC from work and it's impossible to with a big huge 'BONGS ON SALE' notice at the top of my page.

Its seriously making me consider not coming back until after the sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.