Nothing but Water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grouchy, Aug 3, 2017.

1. image.jpg Is this actually gonna produce anything if I switch to flower right now or is it too early?

2. image.jpg Screw it I got impatient and now am officially on a 12/12 schedule with two 100w equivalent (23w) soft white cfl's. Added some more pipe cleaners for more lst to try to get the little sprouts below them to come through the top.

3. If you're gonna flower now you'll at least want more than 46 watts..st least 100-200 or so for that small plant

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Hey man, I think it's definitely too early to begin flowering. You need to be patient at this point. I also believe you're doing too much in terms of LST when there's not enough growth. Use an 18/6 schedule for about 1 month to a month an a half and then transition to flower schedule of at least 12/12. Also I see that you are in a closet. You need more light and definitely need something to reflect the current light you have an then some to get it to grow like you wanted to. They have cheaper LED grow lights (Meizhi) 300W for starters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Think I should use my other two soft whites or should I use two soft and two daylight? I'm also starting two clones so I want daylight bulbs for those. I have a total of 4 of each.

6. I've already got 8 cfl's so I'd like to stick to that even though I know it's not going to give me the best results. Hmmm I may just stay in veg and add my two clones to the same area so they can share 4 daylight cfl's between the three of em. The little guys won't need much anyways and by the time they need more it'll be time to flower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If that's what you have at your disposal continue to push as much light as you can until you can get something better. I think LED's are the way to go. Daylight bulbs again are not going to be enough though sorry to say. Look on Amazon and try to see about getting some nice CFL's if you may not be able to afford anything else right now.

8. Great idea Grouchy, When you keep it in Veg for awhile when you begin to flower you'll definitely see your grow increase substantially!

9. Ok got 4 daylights on 18/6 now. I got take-root powder but am curious if a little 2in leaf will succeed in rooting in a water bottle with the powder. It's survived in the bottle for a few days but hasn't rooted yet. IMG_0149.JPG

10. That's questionable if it ever will. I haven't tried that yet but I don't think it will unless it's a bit more mature. I know you are against taking down those pipe cleaners but trust me the light will be good enough to grow the plant for now. But hold back on LST for about another 2 weeks or so. Your choice tho

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just added the powder today it didn't have it before

12. Yea I'll cut back on lst, maybe leave one to keep it growing mainly sideways

13. I just think this traffic jam right here is a beautiful display of lst doin it's thang. Took all but two off. Looks like nothin to the big guys doing this x100 but I think it's pretty sweet. IMG_0151.JPG

14. Use as much light as you can

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I read that leaves won't do much even if they root so I cut off a branch with a node and that's in the bottle now

• Like Like x 1