Not using soap or shampoo

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by The Crunge, Jun 26, 2012.

1. hm, perhaps I'll start using baking soda/peroxide as toothpaste, I've always hated regular toothpaste and tap water

2. I haven't used soap in almost a year now... one day I ran out and just never went and bought more .

haven't really noticed any difference , unless I sweat real bad ill steal my girls soap .

I do use shampoo and toothpaste tho

3. Amen! I got me a bottle of this stuff that'll probably last me til I'm 30. Smells like straight up man.

Attached Files:

4. I shower shampoo and soap daily because after i turned 15 i noticed i started to sweat more and get oily faster. I used to only have to shampoo every couple days. Its been years since then and I still have to shower shampoo and soap daily.

I'm not sure my body can do this process of readjusting itself like you guys. I feel like after i hit full on puberty, my body naturally did this. Also i bet race and climate affect it too.

5. It will adjust. Your use of soap is causing your pores to create more oil.

If you never use soap like I do, your pores will produce oil at a constant rate.

If you started using a harsh, non-organic soap, containing SLS or similar industrial degreasers, the oil that was once on your skin fighting bacteria and moisturizing the skin will be washed away. To compensate for the now absent oil on your skin, your pores have to produce more oil than it used to. Now if you were to stop using hash soap suddenly, your pores would continue to produce oil like it did when you were using soap until it realized there is no need for this much oil. Then after a couple weeks of no soap, you skin will regulate it's production of oils and it will not produce as much because there isn't anything to wash the oils away. This is called homeostasis, It's just like the regulation of body temperature.

Now you might actually produce more oils than everyone else and the no soap method might not work for you. If that's the case, use Dr. Bronner's soap. But you don't know unless you try.

6. i have had some of this DIY toothpaste and its actually pretty awesome. im too lazy to make it though so i just buy the proenamel shit. haven't had a cavity since i was 17 so i must be doing something right.

what do you use for shampoo? or is your hair short enough to where it doesn't really matter too much if you don't wash your hair?

7. I use water. I have shoulder length hair.

I've said I use water for everything like 50 times now.:confused:

8. I did the no shampoo thing for about 3 weeks but I had to go back to using it because my natural oils weren't receding back to normal levels. I also did no deodorant as well but wow my dad was not impressed :eek:

As for toothpaste I just keep using it, my dad wont buy the organic shit so i'm stuck with it.

9. yes but what do you use for shampoo?

10. What brand is this "water" you speak of?

11. Some people's hair takes longer to normalize than others. I use Tom's deodorant though.

When you dad buys you toothpaste, tell him to buy organic toothpaste and pay the difference.

12. Heres a random fact.
    There is more bacteria living inside your body then the number of cells that live inside your body.
    I was reading through the thread and noticed how everyone is like "ewww you dont use soap, you need to kill bacteria." So I giggled cause most people dont realize how much we depend on bacteria. Not all bacteria is bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I tried the no soap and shampoo deal for about a month.  Felt (and smelled) pretty skanked up.

Now I cherish and appreciate my soap and shampoo among other inventions of civilization.

14. if you're so into the all naturale thing OP, then hit this up. keep your hair short and you can use it as shampoo.
    my grandfather kept a jar of it by his garage wash basin. for when he was done rebuilding his engine. cuz thats what grandfathers did.
    [​IMG]

15. i haven't used soap in forever, or shampoo really, but i have some nice mild shampoo that i use once in awhile when my hair grows out a bit.  i just scrub myself all over with a washrag in the shower and the results are excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I haven't used shampoo in about four months, but I'm also working on dreads. Just gotta scrub and be sure you're cleaning your hair out. It took maybe a month for my oils to get back to normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OP I see where you're coming from but I think you should consider using this

http://www.defensesoap.com/

If not everyday at least every few days it will allow the good bacteria on your skin to thrive