Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not trying to get ripped off but the scales Im using arent working please help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by masterofchaos, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Okay so basically I bought a dymo p3 scale for postal stuff. Then I also bought another scale for kitchen uses theyre not picking up the weight of my weed can anyone please tell me exactly why? Thanks.

Ps those are the scales I bought.

2. The postal and kitchen ones only measure 100g and up im pretty sure

3. Actually funny enough I weighed a nickel on my dymo not very accurate it was a gram off. It weigh exactly 4. When weighed on the kitchen scale on the other hand completely accurate. Weighed exactly 4 grams. I think it has something to do with the density but Im not sure.
    I mean 5 sorry been up for a while.

4. Depending on what scales you have, you should try to calibrate them. Look at the instructions that came with your scales to see how to do that, usually involves a 100g weight (or more depending on how large these scales are) and holding down some buttons. After calibration, check that your nickel weighs 5g's. If it does, you're all set!

5. #5 pussyslut, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014

Depending on the type of scale you have, electrical interference may be playing a part.
    If you have already checked the battery and recalibrated your scale according to manufacturing instructions, I would recommend moving your scale at least 5 feet away from anything that would produce electrical interference. Cellphone, television, kitchen appliances, hell I've even had scales that have stopped working because my car was on, I had to shut it off just to get a reading.

So I don't know what sort of scale you have, but that could be a factor.

6. Just get a scale meant for very small measurements.  If you're worried about 1 gram, or a tenth or even hundreth, then a new, better scale is your only option.

7. Im not worried about very small amounts. I but in quarters all the way up to ounces. Fuck grams.