Not trusting PH meter, is it not good? UNHEALTHY PLANTS, nub doesnt want em to die :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cold Play, Feb 20, 2012.

1. #1 Cold Play, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
    - I got my PH meter from my local hydro store.
    - I purchased it and a 7.0 solution, I calibrate frequently.
    - If the PH meter reads 7.0 in the solution I can assume it's readings are accurate, correct?
    - I am just thinking my plant may have a PH problem or something.

- Early in growth my PH went too low and I got nutrient lockout, my plants had purple stems and purple under their leaves, I watered with nutrients and 8.5 water and the problem was solved and they were healthy again. The runoff was between 6.6 - 6.9 for all plants.

- I continued to water with 8.5 water. 4 days ago upstairs my tent got way to hot (90 degrees) and I moved the setup to the basement (66- 75 degrees), the night after moving there was curling and it looked like heat stress.

- Then the drooping began. The last watering before the drooping was with 1/2 strength nutes and 8.5 water. I watered with 1 gallon. Yesterday an awesome member helped me out and told me it looked under watered, I watered the plant and today it perked up a little. Yesterday I watered with approx 7.7 water and the runoff was approx 6.7.

- On one or two plants there are also getting some yellow spots on them. Could I have a PH problem? How could I go about fixing it? Could they need more nutrients? Is there something wrong with my medium (http://www.seasoil.com/original-sea-soil.html)?

- Lots of roots are coming out of the 2.5/2 gallon pots drainage holes. I was thinking about transplanting too a 5 gallon pot to encourage growth space, thoughts?

PLEASE HELP :9

Attached Files:

2. Your PH Meter works your run is different because of the interaction of the water with the soil. I never had a issue with the ph of my soil and rarely test by run off but your doing it right. The PH of your soil is off so thats why your watering with high ph water to hit what you want. Fix the soil.

One way of fixing your soil is to flush with your water that is ph balanced. What kind of soil are you using? If its MG soil you never will fix the PH of it.

Watering is really really easy. Pick it up the pot is heavy you don't have to water, pick it up the pot is light water. There are endless discussions on watering on here which I do not understand how...thats worked for years for me. Its easy.

A couple spot is nothing to freak out about if it starts to spread then worry. Often trying to fix a small thing can lead to disaster of your plant.