Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not the average substitution thread

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Atotalstranger, Mar 5, 2017.

1. #1 Atotalstranger, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Hey guys and gals! So, I was recently hit with the news that I would be receiving a random UA from my job. Over the last several days I have intensely researched the subbing topic. Not trying to earn cool points but it's a safe bet I got most of the helpful information from this forum. However, information and opinions seem to vary across the board. I have a few questions I hope I can get something of a definitive response on.

Yesterday I did a practice run (five hour energy bottle, my own piss, two pairs of underwear, unfortunately loud digital thermometer.) I was able to keep the urine above 98 degrees from somewhere around 3:30 in the afternoon till 8pm at night.

That being said I have two scenarios in which this will go down...(To my knowledge this is an unsupervised test.)

Scenario 1: I work in the morning and as a precaution take my roommates clean urine with me.

Scenario 2: I work in the evening and have to obtain the clean urine earlier in the day. Potentially being in possession of it for five or six hours before I'm able to test.

So with that being said on to my questions I need clarification on:

Do I really need to apply a hand or toe warmer? I understand being over heated is better than under but what if the sample is too hot? I won't have access to my thermometer, and my adhesive strips will take days to arrive from amazon.

Is there any truth to a temperature drop when switching containers? I've read that pouring the urine into the test cup can result in a significant drop in temp? True or fasle? Any advice to combat this?

Is it better to refrigerate the urine if I have to hold it for a few hours? At that if I have prep time should I use hot water or the ten seconds in the microwave?

Any need to shake the urine in it's five hour energy container to displace potential sediment or anything?

Any truth to the temperature on their cup locking out at whatever the temp was of the urine? So if I poured in urine into the test cup and the temp was too high is it gonna to stay that temp on there strip or do I have a chance to swirl it and blow on it to cool it down?

Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to clear any of this up.

2. Fresh urine will stay fresh at room temperature all day. If you keep it up tight against your nuts it'll stay about 94F especially if there's no air in the container which would hold the urine away from your body, the temp strip in the cup goes up and down depending on the temp of the urine, it doesn't get to one point and stay. If you're concerned about the temp drop from pouring your specimen into the container you can pee into the container to warm it up, pour it out and then add your specimen to the warmed cup. No need to shake it up. If you use frozen urine it may develop a sediment that you can shake back into solution. Don't give them a specimen that's too hot. They'll think you are cheating or sick. I hope I didn't miss anything and good luck. Are you getting a fresh specimen each morning? If so you can freeze them in small containers and take one out each morning.

3. It will likely be a fresh specimen daily, but in case I'll have a five hour energy bottle ready in the freezer. Is it okay to piss in the test cup and then replace for yours so it's at temp? I've read conflicting takes on that too. I can see the argument from both sides but any wisdom is appreciated.

I did a practice run again today, it stayed close to 98.6 just under the plums. So I'd assume at this point no need for hand warmers unless we have some drastic temperature change here. Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts, man!

4. Yeah, like I said you can piss in the cup to warm it, dump it and then pour in your specimen. The few remaining drops won't be enough to fail you, assuming your sub specimen is clean to begin with. I have trouble believing your specimen stays that warm but maybe so. Mine was almost always at 94F, maybe you have roasted nuts. Be warned that when you pour your specimen into the bottle your hands are going to be shaking a little. Mine always did even after subbing dozens of times, more or less.

5. About it staying 98.6, if it matters I was mobile all day. Generating body heat inside two pairs of tight underwear. Not sure if that would really be a factor.