Not sure whether to harvest or not.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by boss14, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Hey guys I'm not sure whether to harvest my northern lights yet. I germinated them may 4th. The buds look like they are starting brown. Here are some pictures. I would greatly like some advice and opinions. IMG_0446.JPG IMG_0443.JPG IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0438.JPG IMG_0440.JPG IMG_0436.JPG IMG_0444.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Overall I'd still give it maybe 3 weeks since it just pushed out another round of pistils. Let those change color and begin receding then check that the calyxes look swollen and you'll also want to check the maturity of trichomes...if they generally turned opaque or milky over most of the plant, that's the beginning of ripe although I wait until I see about 20% amber . There will be an overall sense of ripeness going on. The 6th picture down is a little concerning....did you have some damage or spray something that burned your plant? Plant looks good!

• Like Like x 2
  3. I sprayed them with a diluted vinegar to try to remove some WPM. Definitely don't plan to try that again my next grow. I'm a little disappointed that the buds are burning like that, but hey it's a learning experience. I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my photos and give advice.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Any other opinions or advice?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alright I'll try to leave them in for atleast 2 more weeks, hopefully longer if the weather permits

• Like Like x 1