Not sure where to post?

Discussion in 'General' started by xMakaha, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Hey everyone I just joined grasscity and am not sure where to post questions. When I click on Apprentice Tokers for people who recently joined it says I cannot make a new thread/post and gives me this message "xMakaha, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Any help/info is greatly appreaciated. Thanks Everyone!

2. It depends what do you want to post.

There are many sections, growing section, philosophy, art, music, science, general, real life stories, stash & toking tools, etc.

Make up your mind and head down to the section of your liking. :cool:

3. Hey PeruvianDank! I am looking to post a question:I am making bamboo bongs and am looking for a safe (non toxic), sealant that will be good to smoke out of after coating the entire bamboo(inside and out). I have researched a little and found that acrylic and silicone could be good for sealing the bamboo but I am not sure if it would be safe to smoke out of.

4. hmm, that's a tricky question, hold on...

Well, seeing by the nature of your question, I would recommend a few subsections:

Bongs, Bubblers, Water Pipes - Grasscity.com Forums

Tokers Q&A - Grasscity.com Forums

Toking Tools Q&A - Grasscity.com Forums

Science and Nature - Grasscity.com Forums

The first link is your best chance but ask around all of them, even the Science section, there's a lot of smart and knowledgeable people there.

I can't give you answer as to your question though but yeah, acrylic is supposed to dry and be non toxic. Keep searching, good luck and godspeed Makaha. :wave:

5. Hey PeruvianDank I was wondering why I cannot post in the Apprentice Tokers Forum. It seems it would be the best place for me to post my question. Also how can I and where can I give you good feedback because you have been really helpful so far!

6. I remember when I first joined I also couldn't post straight away in Apprentice. Have you confirmed your email? And to be honest, your best chance is in Science and Bongs & bubbles section. In Apprentice you probably won't get as much help, as everyone there is a newbie. Go with the more experienced cats.

As for the feedback, also called Reputation or Rep for short, you can click in the small upper right corner of my post (next to the number, in this #6), in the small gray scale (it looks like a Law scale), next to the red warning exclamation mark.

The Rep scale looks like this:

[​IMG]

I gave you some rep by the way, to get you started in this cool community. :D

7. I think you need to have a certain amount of posts first. 10 or 20 or somethin. Not sure tho

8. your post does not belong in apprentice as it applies to toking tools, and the other sections Peruvian posted

There are certain sections which require you to reach a certain amount of posts before you can post in/ make a thread in.

9. Thanks for the Help Everyone!

10. Make sure to post pics of that bamboo bong when you are done. :D