Not sure where to post so i ask here

Discussion in 'General' started by keico, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Ok sorry earlier for all the questions regarding setting up a grow box.

I know most times questions have already been asked, so it can get frustrating for those posting replies.

Now I have read a many a guide here and appreciate all the answers.

But I am stuck.

I really need to know which lights to use.

Now before everyone starts saying I posted in the wrong area, I posted here because I am not sure where I should post this question.

It does say in the description If not sure then post here.

Ok here is the question I have about lights.

Now I know that by far HPS is the best.

But I am concerned about electrical consumption, and heat build up.

But then again I am also concerned about yield.

I really don't want to use a combo of both CFL & HPS, I will if I have to, but once again, what about electrical usage.

If someone has a link that can explain electrical usage on lights I would really appreciate

Once again sorry if I am asking in the wrong forum

2. Well anything growing related should go into the growing section, but I understand where you are coming from. Sadly, I cannot answer your questions, nor will many in this section, you would definitely get better replies in the growing section. But Im sure somebody could help you.

3. Yep... there's a growing section if you keep scrolling down. This would go in "indoor growing" because it relates to growing inside with grow lights.

I'm not sure what you want to know regarding electrical usage. I'm afraid I can't help much on the technical aspects. That's what my husband is for. But, I can tell you that a 600w HPS light fixture costs us about an additional $40-50 a month in electricity. I'm in the northeast where rates are some of the highest in the country, so if you're in the US it shouldn't cost you much more than that. A 600w bulb will produce a lot of eat, so you want to get an air cooled hood, with good ventilation.

4. you could probably run a dozen cfls throughout your entire grow and see you power bill spike dramatically by $3-$5 a month