Not sure whats going on

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by m4s73r, Nov 6, 2013.

1. So if the base doesn't matter can he feed like it were hydro or soilless?

If you say yes I'm going to laugh....hard.

2. You're treating the soil as though its compost and its not. It's a medium, that has a few fertz in it. As tho he watered it with chemicals. It doesn't make it compost. I'm going to bed now. Will continue in the morning if you need further elaboration.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I see...you assume there's a difference if you make the compost or someone else does. Makes perfect sense. Its still soil...even if its not a long term fertilizer it still acts as a soil. It may be half assed organic, but it still reacts the same way; which is not like hydro or soilless.

Again....could I treat it like coco since I have to add nutrients eventually?

4. Since it doesn't matter, why don't you do a run with FF or some other store bought soil and treat it like soilless; that means a ph in the fives and constant waterings.

Feel free to show us all the horror show that never makes it to flower.

5. Lastly...if you're so sure of yourself, feel free to bring in some soil growers to add their two cents. Chem additive or teas....its still the same base.

6. So which is it guys? Nute lockout, nute deficiencies, over feeding?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You started with a soil that's known to be hot, you added nutrients on top of that for a plant that is three weeks old. Regardless it needs to be purged, 3 times the volume of the pot with ph proper water. Dont bother fussing over runoff in this medium. If you want to confirm this ask the people that grow in actual soil. Give them ample time to recover and then you can start feeding again. At this stage you could expect deficiencies in N, Mg or Ca yet there's more going on, and based on what is going on in your soil you have overfert and leading to lockouts. Two words....nutrient antagonism; research it and learn about it since tons of people here suffer from it. Some have even mentioned lockout, but failed to tell you why or how to fix it. Purge the medium and start fresh.

You got a guy here suggesting you ignore the fact you're in actual soil trashing what I say and apparently insisting that you focus on the runoff, and another guy that trashed me in another thread because he was on the ph horse while ignoring the fact that the kid was short two macronutrients. Makes perfect sense. Also the same guy who would rather ignore the underlying problems and put a bandaid on it and hope it turns out in the end. No worries about the foundation of the house....lets fix the other stuff and hope it doesn't crumble beneath you. Brilliant.

You know what...just feed them more; dump that shit in there until they scream and when they croak stumper and his buddy will make up the yield for you. Money says when they turn eight shades of shit these two will tell you its normal and not to worry...you know, every farmer strives for plants that look like hell in a bucket at the end. Another canna forum casualty. Cheers.

8. Soil requires a runoff of 6.5

Compost has decomposed plants and hell even animals if you want. You're telling me there is no difference in someone dropping a deuce and someone pouring big bloom in the toilet?

That's what it sounds like. Just because its soil with embedded chemical fertz DOES NOT MAKE IT ORGANIC.

Why don't you just go be an hero. K pumpkin?

9. Pirate is either ignorant, or a troll. It's lock out or under feeding. You want ur ph run off to be around 6.5 if its say 7 or 5.8 you want to flush with 6.5 3x the pot volume. This will bring everything back into balance. Flush salts away then begin feeding again.

If ph is close to 6.5 range, it's time to increase feeding. Ffof is hot, for seedlings. Ur babies or adolescents now. They are going to eat like teenagers.

10. Shut the fuck up.

How do you correct ph issue? Flushing. Then you start feeding low dosage, gradually increasing till you see a slight down turn, then you go back to the prior dosage. UNLESS, you have been growing the same strain and have kept good journals. In that case you can see how much to at what stages of growth without experimenting.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383841779.289921.jpg

11. Gotta be pH lockout. FFOF and the trio even at 1/4 str should be enough nutrients. Plus that leaf looks like multiple deficiencies. Organic and growing in store bought soil are totally different. Organic relies on microbial symbiosis to break down material and turn it into usable nutrients for your roots. The second you gave them ff nutes it was no longer organic. Synthetic nutrients kill microbial life. When you grow like this it's as if it were hydro except with maybe a slight pH buffer and you use the soil pH scale. The roots will just uptake the synthetic nutrients if they are available, and to be available you need to have correct pH in the medium.

12. Ok so if everytime I water them I adjust the water to 6-6.5 what would cause the lockout?

13. i only grew in soil for my first grow, so iirc the correct soil pH range is like 6.2-6.7 I would adjust to 6.4-6.5 this is about the middle.

I think runoff is the correct way to check pH in soil, because the peat doesn't hold onto the nutrients I the medium, so whenever you water old stuff comes out and you can check the pH of that, and it should be relatively close to what your medium pH is. IMO soil is weird and that's why I switched to coco, but now I think id rather go full hydro so there is no pH buffer to add confusion.

14. Oops I didn't really answer your question. Umm if you watered a couple times in a row at too low or too high a pH that could have done it.

15. Could have over fed once or twice. Could have been watering with a really high or really low ph.

What you want to do is collect some of the water that comes out the bottom. Test it's ph. It should be 6.5. The reason you check this water is so you know the ph of water is maintaining 6.5 all the way down to the roots. That makes for optimal uptake of nutes.

Sorry about tying into it with dude on your thread. I think he's a troll, if not hes just very uneducated in botany. (And as stubborn as he is, I bet he's republican)

16. Careful. The logic troll had been lurking around here.

In all seriousness, thanks for backing us up on this. That troll is gonna end up costing someone their entire crop.

17. No problem! Ya the internet is great until you get given shitty advice which is pretty darn easy. Usually the most experienced growers won't comment to help with the newer ones. I get most of my knowledge by following the more experienced ones journals. Wrong advice can only make a bad situation worse

18. Lol truthfully this is just on one plant. I have 8 plants in bloom. I harvest a plant per week. So this wasn't a huge deal. More for my own curiosity then anything else. ive thought about changing up and doing something else but theres that whole comfort zone thing. And I havent figured out how to do a perpetual grow like what im doing now in hydro.

19. Awesome man. Keep up the good work.

Also, thanks for filling out the form at the jump. Comfort zone is the way to go.

I'm primarily a dwc grower, but am well versed in soil and coco.

20. If his soil is already over loaded with nutes, adding more will be catasteophic. If its that hot already he can get away with not using any(unless ones missing).
    If your run off is hot flush it. I just had to flush my girls twice to fix my similar mistake.

Now play nice.

-Over Grown Society-