Not sure whats going on, pics inside.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OCDgrow, Feb 27, 2014.

1. I looked at the sticky to try and figure out what the problem is but it doesnt look like anything Ive seen.
    First time ive seen this.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Attached Files:

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?

What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. Roots organic soil, 1000watt hps, that one is afghan or thc bomb.....I didn't label it because I can tell the difference when they start budding more.

It's the 3rd week into flower, last fed yesterday with AN micro grow bloom 3 part feed + big bud. Temps at the top of the canopy says 81, humidity is 30%.

About 13" from the light, I was cutting the feeding in half and feeding them twice a week but last week I went back to normal and water and feed. Water is tap water, from a well. I'll water/feed about every 3-4 days when the 3 gallon smart pots get dry.

I've noticed some fungus gnats flying around but haven't noticed anything else.

First flower with a 1k......usually use a 600.

4. You need to pour distilled water through and test the run-off ph as soon as it exits the pot and tell me what it reads?

5. the Micro grow bloom is:
    Grow 1-1-6
    Micro 4-0-0
    Bloom 0-5-4     

so 5-6-10

Being that its in flower I been going full strength like i normally do, using 15ml of each in a gallon of water. I will get some distilled water and report back the run off ph's. I just fed yesterday so Ill have to wait til sat/sun probably.

Whats the ph of distilled water? should I ph it to anything?

Ph of distilled should be 7, and if I'm correct your issue is Ca deficit, so if that's the case, your root-zone ph is too low. It will need to come up... a flush may be in order... a run-off ph measurement will reveal the proper direction.

7. okay I used the distilled water and poured a gallon of it through the pot with the tray underneath it still.  The water in the tray was reading 6.10ph. I did the same thing to another plant I have issues with and that was is reading 6.22ph

Im reading your post again now and I see you said measure the water "as soon as it exits the pot"  So i did it wrong? probably let way too much run off in the tray come out giving my a slightly inflated number this way? 

What do you think now?

8. Okay, friend, look at it like this: if water that's phed @7 runs through, as it mixes with the root-zone and comes out at 6.2, that actually means that the root-zone is somewhere around 5.2 which is dangerously low. You may be okay for now and will not need to flush. I would watch the girls and inspect for further decline... if that happens you will need to flush to correct the root-zone. As it stands now, you may be okay, but please realize the root-zone it still too low, so watch, and if they get worst, flush and correct to 6.5/6.8 or higher by measuring your ph run-off. If you do this you can't err in the future. You will also need to add nutes that have Ca and Mg for nutrient uptake, but not to much... that's why you're hear now, so easy on the nutes. You can also add egg shells and epsoms if you don't have nutes with Ca.

Sounds like you did a flush which is good, well done.

10. I ended up pouring another gallon of the distilled water through them. Figured I might as well.  I thought flushing is 3x(the pot size) of water.

When I feed the plants i mix up food for a gallon of water and pour that through the 3 gallon smart pot,  and when I water I use a gallon of water as well.  I just want to make sure all the soil is getting  wet.  This isnt a bad thing is it?

No, not at all, it's what you should do to measure your plants health, by checking the ph run-off. Now let them dry before you check again. If you check run-off each time you can't go wrong.

12. You have to think of it this way also: if the ph of the root-zone is too low, you're adding to much fertilizer or too much ph down. Irregardless, you should always pour enough through to check and see where you're at in the root-zone, okay?

13. Looks like potassium lockout prob from low ph or salt buildup