Not sure what to make of vaping!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Freya Stark, Aug 22, 2016.

1. So, I tried vaping for the first time and not yet sure how I feel about it - but perhaps I haven't been doing it "correctly" or haven't used a decent vaporiser (have borrowed a portable focusvape from a friend).

The first time I tried, nothing really happened - I could taste it a little and the weed went brown but there was no visible vapor nor any noticeable effects. I didn't weigh how much I put in, but filled up about 1/4 of the space available and had it at 180°C.

The second time, I put more weed in (filled up to about 3/4) and turned the temperature up to 200°C. This time there was a very slight visible vapor and after about 10 minutes I had to have a nap as I was SO sleepy, which I found weird because I thought vaping was supposed to do the opposite (as opposed to smoking). After my nap, I did feel pretty amazing - light and pain free and surprisingly clear-headed. However, despite being sleepy, I was definitely less high than with smoking but seemed to have used way more weed than I would have in a spliff.

The third time, I put a little less weed in (around 1/2 full) as I thought the time before had been rather wasteful, but kept the temperature at 200°C. I didn't seem to experience a fun or energetic high but was again just sleepy and couldn't be bothered to do any of the things I normally enjoy doing when smoking.

On the plus side, I was less hungry and woke up feeling a lot less heavy than I would with smoking and was definitely in a lot less pain. However, I smoke both for pain and for fun but I didn't really get the fun part!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what I might be able to do to improve the experience!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stop smoking completely and just vaporize. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to ween yourself off of all those toxins like benzine and carbon monoxide plus some other nasties that are in smoke that contribute to that smoke high.

Also, turn the temp down to about 190-195C for a more energetic high

Once you do, you will really appreciate the high that vaporizers can offer.

btw, which vaporizer are you using?

3. That deal with toxins and getting you high is a misnomer. I'm not saying that smoking ganja doesn't produce toxins, I'm just saying that aside from a bit lightheaded for a minute or two, there isn't one.

I vape and I smoke ganja. the issue your having is that vaping doesn't get as much of the good stuff (THC and the like) as smoking ganja does. It's one of the great reasons to use a vape is that your body adjusts to its use and how much of the good stuff it takes to get you buzzed. It takes 2 weeks to a month of straite vaping to get that high you're looking for. You'll adjust to it, just give it time.

More then that, you're getting more of the things out of ganja that get you high when you smoke it instead of vaping it. It's one of the reasons I save the allready vaped bud and re use it for edibles. Vaping decarbs ganja and leaves some of the good stuff in the bud after you're finished with it.

By increasing vape temps you start vaping more of the good stuff (THC and all of the other stuff that gets you high in ganja). Remember that there are lots of things in ganja that add to your high and they also have different temps at which they vape. Once you have mastered vaping you can learn how to adjust the temp to get more of the kind of high you want.

So yes, vaping doesn't get you as high because you're not as much of those things that get you high in ganja as you get from ganja when you smoke it (burn it). Your high is different when you vape because you don't get all of those things that get you high when it's smoked. Those compounds that get us high have differing temperatures at which they are released.

What I like about vaping is that I can easily adjust my high. It doesn't smell nearly as bad as when I smoke it. I can go full stealth mode and smoke under the noses of people. I can make edibles out of the the ganja I had previously vaped with very little prep time. Depending on the vape you're using it can be very hard for people to recognize what it is that the vape even is. A vape doesn't incapacitate me like a bong rip can. Couch lock is cool and what not, I just don't want it every time I smoke.

What I don't like is that e high isn't as intense as when smoking or taking bong rips. It takes far more to get me to a nice comfy place where I am mostly pain free. Depending on the vape they can get pretty funky dirty and you might be cleaning the thing more then you're using it lol. That depends on the vape though.

That's my two cents and I hope it answers some of the questions you have. There are some very experienced people in this part of the forum so ask away!

Oh yeah, if the vapor your getting isn't to your satisfaction, hit it a lot slower. Don't suck on it like a pipe or a bong. Just really easy. There are vaped that produce the clouds you're looking for, you'll just be paying out the ass to get one.

• Like Like x 1