Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jutachi, Feb 2, 2017.

1. #1 Jutachi, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Hey everyone, my first post and my first grow. Not sure whether to harvest top and let the bottom keep going or harvest the whole plant. Ima flush today(I gave some Neptune harvest nutrients last water so not sure if I should flush either)and let them grow for another week or two. I only used organic nutrients and organic fox farms soil. What do you guys think? I'm using a t-5 set up IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2319.JPG IMG_2338.JPG IMG_2340.JPG IMG_2343.JPG IMG_2347.JPG IMG_2351.JPG IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2319.JPG IMG_2338.JPG IMG_2340.JPG IMG_2343.JPG IMG_2347.JPG IMG_2351.JPG

2. as you are a T5/T8 fighter I'd go the way of a sequential harvest

as the light don't really reach further than 4-6 inches

take the tops

checks with ur 30x glass or camera first

to ensure those trics are the shade you want

any further T8 work I suggest you trim the lower foliage in late veg

take them as clones

and veg them out for a sequential harvest later

like a production line

but IMO I'd be adding another 2-4 T8 tubes to ur rack

100% warm white tubes for the last 2-3 weeks of harvest is a good idea

maybe some cfl's lower if you don't trim the lower quaters

good luck

ps a lux meter is a compulsory purchase and cheap

also I've been using T5/T8's for about er 30 years and recently replaced these T8's with T8 digital tubes, saves bulk cash, remove shitty plastic cover increases lux too

3. Never ran those light but it looks like they would work better running vertical up the plant. From what I hear they are not hot to the touch?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

4. So you guys are telling me you think I should harvest the top and grab a clone from the bottom and then let the bottom keep growing ? That's how I'm understanding it. And these are T5 fixtures. I haven't thought about running them vertical I wonder if that works. But they aren't very hot warm at best but they work pretty good as long as they are kept close. The buds are looking frosty. Should I flush it first and let it grow a little longer before harvest?

5. So I watered with plain water today to flush and will chop the tops in a week going with the when you think it's ready give it another week saying. Now when I chop the tops , do I just cut literally right under the tops or do u need to cut like a whole branch? ,because the same branch the tops are on also have smaller buds that I don't want to Cut yet .