Not sure what to do with life..

Discussion in 'General' started by bluntmanx420, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Alright, so lately im not sure what to do with myself..i feel like im falling apart..wasting my time sitting around on a computer, day after day,
    normaly, ill wake up around 12-1pm, i normally work night shift, and go to sleep around 4-5am..i smoke weed basically every day, an more then 2-3 times per day..im generally alone, because its almost like im to afraid to hang out with people, anytime i do hang out with people, it always turns into awkward situations..no matter what we are doing, or what is going on..i always feel so awkward an outta place, almost like an extra to everything..

i feel like im often in a rush for everything like time just goes by so fast, i cant keep track of what is going on,

theres many people who want to hang out with me, but i feel like i just wanna sit at home and do nothing but stare at a blank computer screen, sometimes, an i often sit an talk on instant messeging program rather then going out to do anything, my entire life ive always been inside and lost inside the internet..

ive had a few girlfriends, but girls come an go, theres a lot of girls that want me, but im just to scared to hang out with them, to scared of what every single person has to say about anything, and anything, no matter what it is, or thinking about me or what im doin or what is going on, i feel so wierd with life..i dont kno what to do anymore....

i wanna be able to get out and do stuff, rather then being lazy as fuck,, and sitting around in my room, on my pc all day.. and not doing anything because i care to much what people think about me ..

i know im a fucking loser in life, i barely have any friends to hang out with, and the friends i do have, i dont enjoy being with because id rather be home, alone..

what is wrong with me...why am i like this?

2. It sounds like you have a severe case of social anxiety. I have the same thing and trust me I feel your pain man. What I try to do is force myself into social situations telling myself that nothing bad or embarrassing will happen. If you continue this it gets better but not cured it's tough to deal with man but it's a part of life. As for the weed maybe take a T break and use the extra cash to put yourself out there. If you find a steady girlfriend your whole life could turn around. Just stay strong buddy and remember your not alone in this world.:wave::wave::wave:

3. Ok Calm down for a minute, and just think that you have it pretty good; a job, a house, and weed of course! So now its up to you my friend to stand up and make a change. No one but you can change this lifestyle. So what you have to do is tell yourself that your going to be a more confident person and that your going to go out into public and be outgoing the best that you can. Hang out with those friends you talked about, hell get new friends, that way they cant judge you, just go out and interact with society period, doesnt matter what you do.

4. #4 Dynamik, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    You actually sound a lot like me, except I'm starting to change. I started seeing a therapist, they help, just don't start any meds right away, you might not need them. Be honest to them, and find a bud friendly one. Also, are you unhappy, neutral or somewhat happy? I am almost sure you're an introvert, but if you're unhappy, you might also have depression. I personally went this route, got anti depressants, it went away for a bit, recently it came back, but now I'm 18 so I'm looking into MMJ (legal in my state).

You also should look into these:
    Social anxiety - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Schizoid personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Avoidant personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The schizoid and avoidant are different. Your story sounds a lot like social anxiety/avoidant. If you actually would like relationships, socialization, if you knew that noone would judge you, then you definetly should look into those. Schizoid is more of a lack of desire for relationships.

5. True this. I feel exactly like you OP. I don't know what I would do w/o klonopin. It's really helped a whole shit ton. I saw a therapist too, it did help for a little while, but seeing a psych was really what I needed. You may be different though, totally.

6. Yea, that sucks. Take a break off from weed, get outside because sunlight helps and maybe change up your diet. If you're eating a lot of sweets and bullshit food-like products then switch to a nice healthy diet of wholegrains, fruits, vegetables and lean beef and drink your water. Too much sugar has been linked to all kinds of shit including depression

It can't be understated the affect your diet has upon your mental and physical well being.

7. There are some people that are exroverts.
    There are some people that are introverts.
    If you are an extrovert, you will socialize with everyone, and you will learn to communicate with strangers.
    If you are an introvert, you will socialize with people you are close to, and you will learn to communicate with strangers, but you just can't hold your boundaries.

8. i have recently been smoking a lot less, i usally only smoke once at night before goign to sleep, ive changd my diet an try to eat only 3 healthy meals a day..
    i thought it could be that too thats been doing it to me, beause i havent been like this my entire life, ive mainly been lilke this since about a year ago, when i broke up with the one girl who i did truely love..
    an ever since then my life seems to have been on a downfall =\

9. you my friend have social anxiety and most likely depression. honestly i think you need to drop the weed for a while and get outside and do whatever it takes to stay out of the house. even if you feel awkward. youre only awkward if you let it be.

10. I live with my girlfriend so I'm never really "alone", I can just be around her all the time and not feel uncomfortable. I'm like you, but not to the extent you're describing. I just enjoy my own - well, and my girlfriend's - company and feel I need to be in my own surroundings, away from people. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who I regularly hang out with and a job, I just feel a lot more comfortable in my own presence and when I want to relax I'll be on my own, when I want to have fun I'll hang out with my friends.

Sorry, I'm rambling and quite, quite high. :smoke:

11. yeah somedays i'll feel like that
    then somedays i don't care.

12. Have you ever seen the movie Yes Man?

13. I've thought long and hard about this option, of seeing a theripst, or seeing anyone that is. I'm not really comfortable with talking to anyone about it, really..i kno my parents would think different about me if i ever tried talking to them about this, as ive always played it off like there isnt anything wrong, and everythings cool in my life...im not sure really.
    I sit at home in my room, day after day, i do have a job, i never miss work, as i often enjoy going in, as shitty as my job is, its something that gets me outta the house, , although i do work the night shift, i enjoy goin out after work, because once im outta the house, i like being out and doing shit, but its that intial get up an go, i cant do..because i just feel so idk....but i feel as doing anything, or caring about anything isnt worth it alot of the time, even when im not even high....

14. #14 wraughbit, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
    only you can figure it out man, we don't know you. :p

I read somewhere that during the teen age years you lose neural pathways that you've created if you don't use them. For example, social skills in this situation.

as a teenager the brain focuses the most on what you do. It's not impossible to grow them back, but it's not easy. You just have to get out there and socialize man. Even if it's not a good experience, you HAVE TO! It's what I'm in the process of doing right now! Just hang out with ANYONE! If you don't like your friends, try the best you can to make some more! Nothing wrong with having more friends. Learn to like other people, it's all we have in this life. but yes, a therapist is a good start.

15. Man, I can completely relate to your feelings; this whole week has been a haze. It's definitely anxiety and mild depression. Don't get worried, as a matter of fact try to limit the amount of "critical/ analytical" thinking that you do.

Anxiety is nothing more than an irrational fear. Only fear things that are actual threats to your wellbeing!

I'm struggling with this concept, but when I get it, I GET IT, and life becomes ABUNDANT (and it really is).

It's cool that you enjoy your company, but build up that self-esteem and confidence.

Here are some things that I recommend you look into, as they have added value to my life and similar struggles.

Google these:

Eckhart Tolle
    OSHO
    David DeAngelo - Deep Inner Game

Also browse youtube.

You are your biggest investment ma dude, so just look out for yourself and enjoy life....it's not impossible.

peace

ps try a t-break too...i'm starting mine tonight.

:wave:

16. You're depressed with low self-esteem causing anxiety. Dude, you rock. Just relax and do what you enjoy. If you feel something in your life needs to change, change it. Everything is in your hands, you control your own feelings and the path that your life takes. Now, go on and enjoy yourself.

17. I would not recommend a psychiatrist either. Their practice is outdated and not really backed by any science. I'm not saying that mental illness don't exist I'm just saying that there's a real medicalization of a lot of our regular feelings and habits. They've actually diagnosed slaves that couldn't take being slaves and kept revolting/breaking free with a 'mental illness' - Drapetomania

People are no longer just shy now they have Social Anxiety and must take these pills everyday so they can fit into an arbitrary notion of what is normal, nope. I don't want to give my money to the pharmaceutical greed machine of avarice and corruption

Wonder how much of that research is funded by large pharmaceutical conglomerates? A lot

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWThXr8yso]YouTube - the best eveah[/ame]