Not sure what this means or if its even a problem at all....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by xsvthoughts, Sep 21, 2011.

1. So I went to go check on my babies and noticed that 2 of them are pointed like this in the picture, and the other 2 are "normal" what does this mean, is this a problem or should I keep on growing?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is the 2 plants closest to the camera in the last pic.

-Thanks guys.

2. Looks like they are reaching out for the light if your using cfl's you need to lower your light

3. Plants lean toward the light, and yes, you likely need to lower or increase your lights!

4. They are all under a 400w MH right now only a few inches above the plants.

Could this be a cause of me going from 24hrs to 18/6 on them for the first time yesterday(I plan on continuing with the 18/6)?

I can drop it lower but risk higher temps....

[​IMG]

5. that doesnt look like a 400w mh light to me. Whats the temp on that meter? 39? if thats c. its too high , if F. then way too low. Humidity maybe? imho just right.

6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im not entirely to sure how accurate this thermo is, with my hands leaf level, its warm, not hot, not cold, warm.

[​IMG]

7. AHH , it just didnt look that bright for some reason. Weird. The sprouts are fine. leave it where it is.

8. They seemed to level off once the light went off for 6hrs, so hopefully all is good now, just watered them going to see whats up with em in the morning.

9. thanks for the help guys

10. The problem is that the spectrum is wrong for Veg.

U have a 4200k and it should be 6500k.

In all actuality - theyre not getting much light at all lol.

Freak
    :smoke:

11. Hrm.

Thats what the dude at the Hydro store gave me. I wonder if he would let me exchange it for a 6500k

12. Would a 7200k be better or about the same?

13. 7200k isnt optimal, but its still alot closer to the
    blue spectrum than 4200k.

Freak

14. Found a 400w 7200k for 25 Shipped NIB, vs $80-100+ on a 6500k.

15. What are your lighting plans for flower ???

Those bastards are alwayz tryin to gouge us potheads lol.

Freak

16. I got a 400w Plantmax HPS bulb that came with the "combo deal" the local hydro store set me up with.

17. OK. So I guess u must know what my next question is lol...

What is the K rating on the bulb ??? Should be 2700k.

Freak

18. I moved the light away from the plants and they seem to be back to normal now. :)