Not sure if this is normal or not.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mtlguy, Jul 17, 2018.

1. So I got a couple of nice bushy plants in my yard first notill grow with my medical license. I noticed deep at the bottom of my plants some yellowing leaves are happening not sure if this normal or is there cause for concern. Just my sprayer few days ago, been doing foliars with mountain organically for the past 2 weeks(ritha to emulsify the karanja oil one night, neem tonic another night, and citrus tonic another night. no fixed schedule but once for each of them weekly). Besides the yellowing leaves that have pretty much no sunlight these bad boys are looking healthy as ever. (Yes I know I planted them too close together.) IMG_0993.JPG IMG_0994.JPG IMG_1015.JPG IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1005.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lower leaves get shaded and die its normal

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. If I panicked every time I picked yellowed, dead and crinkled up leaves from the bottom of big plants I’d be - something. I’d be something... lol

OP - your plants look great. Nice job! I’m sure you’ll end up with a very nice harvest. Patience patience patience at the end - when you don’t think they could possibly get any better?

Wait another week!

J

• Like Like x 2
  4. It’s probably good you asked in the Organics subforum. Most other areas you’d get shown this chart and then be told that you were deficient in Plutonium and needed to adjust your pH and add more Cal Mag...

And Plutonium....

65A67B9D-40EC-43C6-81EC-C48F05047707.jpeg

J

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I think these guys used your chart:

Plutonium is missing, but the government says nothing

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hahaha happened last year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Any of you guys got worm bins at home? If so what do you feed them and what did you start them in? Just curious. I started one a few weeks back got some red wigglers from a friend. Right I’m just watering every day or two giving them coconut flakes when they finish the surface ones and have some shreds of clean cardboard in there too.

8. We were hoping that you’d ask this and prepared for your questions ahead -

Everything you always wanted to know about worm bins but were afraid to ask -

Vermicomposting (Make your own Worm Castings)

Try and avoid the watering every day, though. Worms don’t like wet feet - but just moist.

Can you offer them any compost? Partially decomposed leaves? (Not fresh! - take down and get the stuff that’s halfway to fairly decomposed) -

Worms like almost any decomposing organic matter but they do not like things soaking wet - Read the thread.

There will be a quiz on Friday. Vermicomposting yourself is a huge game changer for any organic gardener and so will count towards a good portion of your grade so please be prepared.

J

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I will get on that ASAP been busy past few days

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looks to me they need to green up some soil might be lacking nitrogen have access to rabbit shit? or just use a compost manure tea. on next few watering's .

11. Compost tea, assuming it was done correctly which most home gardeners lack the proper equipment for, doesn't really provide much in the ways of nutrients. Not to say that compost is devoid or nutrients but its not a fertilizer substitute, and you might as well just top dress it and water it in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 WizSteve, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Was just talking about adding nitrogen which is what this will do pretty much what the rabbit shit would be a top dressing (and as for the tea i was thinking of the stuff i saw which has manure in it well bat shit he is getting close to bloom so he shouldn't need to use much .They sell premade and dry mix compost teas in home depot, walmart, etc (add water) one doesn't need to make there own all the works done for you so you wont burn your plants,and rabbit shit is special poop very slow release safe no burn .

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was gonna do a compost tea regardless of them lacking nitrogen... I think I will top dress. Work or rabbit you guys think?

14. Was also feeling like they were lacking some nitrogen

15. Yea you should see the change soon after you add

• Like Like x 1
  16. Worm*

17. The rabbit or worm compost?

18. the rabbit shit and the compost tea do both if you can rabbit shit is for long term will take longer time to notice change the tea is short term and will get the fastest results

• Like Like x 1
  19. assuming quality is the same the worm castings will provide more benefit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. What kind of tea do you recommend just worm castings and molasses/sugar? Or is there something else I should add