Not sure if this goes here (lights)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by M3DICIN3MAN420, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Hey smokers.
    So I woke up today to a blown ballast :(
    I took it to a grow store and we tested it out and stuff. While boxing up my MH bulb I accidently touched it :O
    Can I still use it or what???
    I'm going to buy a new ballast tomorrow, please let me know if I need to pick up a new light bulb also!
    Thanks

2. just wipe it off...it will be fine...

3. Really?! Fuckin sweet! I've heard you can't touch a HPS bulb though. Is that true?
    I'm still kinda new to this but is there a light cycle I can run to get a bigger plant to go into preflower without the other smaller plant going also? The big one is about 2.5 months and the little ones are about 1 month.
    Could I flower them all at once? I have 12 total lol. 3 auto flowers and 9 regular.

4. yeah for car headlights but thats if u have greasy dirty hands. i havw my hps for 2 more or 1.5 more grow runs and ive otuched the bulb no prbs

5. well, most auto's say flower with either 18 hours of light or 20 or even 24 some say, while your reg plants are going to need 12/12...if you flower your autos at 12-12 you will lose a lot of bud weight on them...if you keep your regs on 18, they will not flower.

size of the plants aside, 12-12 will flower regs regardless...

6. Thanks for the tip about autos, didn't know that. And I know 12/12 will flower a plant but my question was about preflowering. Would 15/9 start that?
    Thanks for telling me about the lights and I always have clean hands when I handle them.

7. how do you screw it into the socket without using your hands?

this i must know

8. My dick :) lol I use a clean shirt and keep that between my hands and bulb.