Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not sure if smoking hahsish correctly

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ivonof, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Hi!

I just got my hands on hash for the first time. Little about the hash: It's really dark brown, really hard, doesn't crumble though, and it's smells nice. It's a bit sticky aswell. But now my problem.

I'm a total noob when it comes to smoking. I made a DIY bong with plastic bottle, little water and a metal pipe, and I managed to get some smoke inhaled etc etc. What bothers me is that I'm not getting that high... I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right. 

1. When holding the lighter, do I hold it so that the flames touch the hash, or do I hold it so that the flames only heat the "bowl"? When I hold the light so that it touches the hash, the hash glow red as I inhale. 

2. After burning the hash a bit, it doesn't release smoke anymore, and it turns to this dark brown ash. What do I do with it? 

I apologize for my super-noobish knowledge, but everybody's have to start somewhere I think.
    Thanks!

2. Hey man, we were all there at one point or another. Yes you want to light the hash it should glow red while your hitting it . Get rid of the ash after words, its no good anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Google "most effective way to smoke hash" hope this helps!

4. Try packing a bowl with some bud and then add some hash on top! Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  5. First off, invest in a glass pipe. It's well worth it to any smoker. Second off, throw a screen in that bitch and pack straight hash bowls. If that doesn't get you high as Fuck then your hash sucks

• Like Like x 3
  6. shouldn't be putting a flame to it. only have to heat the hash and pull the smoke off. should bubble, but not burn. if you are making it cherry, ur simply wasting it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I always liked to smoked slivers of hash, in a pipe, and used a razor blade to slice.   Brown hash is good, but it's the blackest of the black that's usually best, at least among the darker hash types.   This is from memory, I haven't had hash in decades.  

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well, at least you admit you are noob, so I wont flame this thread.

You should make sure the flame touches the hash when you smoke it. That brown ash thats left over? Shit can it.

And for god's sake man, get to a smoke shop and but a pipe bro! Good luck to you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. using that bong, it will be difficult to smoke that hash by itself. you really ought to get some normal bud, pack a bowl of that, and then melt the hash onto it. (hash will generally melt if heated indirectly for long enough) and then smoke it like normal. 

an important thing for getting high is to take BIG hits, as big as possible. they might hurt at first but it will be worth it when the high kicks in, especially for hash.

10. you were correct  up until this point. take small controlled hits. gonna just waste it trying to be superman. 2-3 decent hits will easily have you very stoned :hippie:  hash good :yummy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. yeah, but a lot of times new smokers really don't know how big to take their hits or how deeply to inhale, so they barely breathe it in and wonder why it isn't working.  maybe my previous advice was overkill, but I'd say take a hit where it feels like about half your lungs are full and then breath in fresh air to fill the rest of your lung capacity. breathing in that fresh air makes it a whole lot easier on your lungs. hold if for 5-15 seconds and let it out slowly in a controlled fashion. 

• Like Like x 1
  12. ^^This.

13. Get 2 butter knife.

heat one tip and for the other place the hash on tip.

when the heated tip glows red place it on top of hash and inhale the smoke.

try to get close so you get most of the smoke.

14. If it's good hash, you shouldn't need much to get high. A few hits and you should be good, and you don't need to pack big bowls like weed. Hash is known for lasting. There are different kinds of hash, someone early said it should bubble, only bubble hash bubbles. But bubble hash is some of the good stuff. You don't want to inhale huge hits and burn it all at once, and make sure if it catches flame when you light and inhale to blow it out right away or it's just gonna burn it all up and waste it. Hash goes best on top of a bowl/bong pack. Hash alone in a bong is kinda wasteful but I've done it plenty of time, just gotta be careful. Bowls work better though, and there are specific pieces made for hash, but I'd only invest in those if you plan on smoking a lot of hash. 

15. I haven't had much success with this, as the smoke tends to escape. you can also just hold a lighter under the knife so that its heating it but not directly in the flame and you don't need the other knife. The bonus of this method is that the hash starts to vaporize and then combust and smoke by itself and it smells absolutely amazing. I had used blueberry to make the hash, and burning it on the knife made my whole room smell like blueberries

16. Your suppose to use a bottle cut in half tobinhale the smoke

17. this

18. It's prolly the shitty bong not pulling