Not sure if i should feel wronged....

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SqueezetheGrape, May 1, 2013.

1. Okay this is a long ass story so be prepared if you decide to read.

My gf who I started dating at the start of the year was leaving to go to school in another state. She basically had to get out of the military where we were at, but she didn't wanna continue living in this state. I understand cuz there isn't anything here for her. But that's not the point of the story.

She had an ex bf before me who apparently kept harassing her to get back together when we first started dating. But towards the last month or so before she left, she decided to be friends again and be on good terms because he worked in a job she is going to school for and wanted to learn more about it. I didn't see a problem with that. She said they were friends years before they dated.

Well about 2 weeks before she was leaving she called me and said "please don't be mad, but brad gave me roses today as a gift cuz Im leaving. Idk why he did it he just stopped by and gave me them". I'm like ...ok that's kinda weird but cool.

A week later she text me and says "hey I was gonna hang out with brad on Friday. Nothing will happen I swear, he just really wanted to hang before we leave and it was really nice of him to give me those flowers". I felt kind of annoyed cuz she would throw a fit if the shoe were on the other foot. So I didn't respond. I came home and didn't say anything and she got angry about it. She said that its bullshit that I'm acting cold and said I can't trust her. We eventually made up but I just felt like I was dicked around.

After that week she said he invited her to a concert the next weekend. So they went. The whole time she was there she was texting me how much she missed me and wanted to come home and see me. She gets home and says how much she missed me. Then 2 days later she says he wanted to chill again. I asked how long she'd be gone and she said she's not sure what they're doing. I called her asking her a question and she didn't pick up. She called me back to answer my question then tested me right after saying "I'm really sorry Im in Memphis and my phones in my bag" I didn't respond. So she text me again saying "so are you not gonna talk to me?"

I decided to put it behind me and keep texting her. She kept saying how she wants to go home and be in my arms and how everything reminds her of me. She didn't get back until around 11. She showed me some pictures of the trip, and I only slightly aknowledged her. I was watching tv. She said okay I'm gonna head to bed. She texted me from the bedroom asking if I was mad. I came in there and said I wasn't even though I was kind of pissed. She went on saying how she's not truly happy unless she's with me. It seemed like she really wanted me to know how much I meant to her.

But the next day I get home from work and she's not home. I ask her where she is and she's hiking with this dude..she doesn't get back for several hours. We go get something to eat and she accidentally called me brad...

I saw her scrolling through funny pictures on her phone and I came across a bunch of her and him together. I didn't wanna jump to conclusions. I played it safe and asked if he liked her. She goes "idk. He's like a dude who's a good friend to have but I'd never date him". She seemed to make it clear that she had no interest in him that way but her actions showed different.

The final straw that made me start to wonder was the day she was leaving. I was next her in bed and peeked at her phone. He texted her saying "I love you too :) ill miss you when you leave."

Now I know friends tell each other they love them but that's a bit far considering he's an ex. She said she's been friends with him for years but that still makes me weary.

She's gone now. But the reason Im wondering all of this is because if that's true I don't even wanna keep in contact with her at all. She said she wants to keep in touch even though we aren't together but if she was doing something shady like that to me she doesn't deserve my friend ship.

Am I overreacting? It seems weird when it all adds up. Not to mention she had put a pass code on her phone and set it to where text don't show on her screen...

2. That's all kinds of fucked. If it were me, I would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago.

3. I don't think you're overreacting at all especially after that text message you saw.

I'd dump her.

4. I can't believe you fell for all of that man....why would she be hanging with her "guy friend" more than her boyfriend?

5. Well she's gone now. She left to another state for school. So it's over regardless. But she texted me that she loved me and I just didn't respond. I don't think she deserves my presence or friendship what so ever.

6. Ya I know. At that point she was like...4 or 5 days from leaving and it seemed pointless to start a fight. But I'm gonna block her number when I get home tonight. She doesn't even deserve an explanation.

7. Hell yeah. She will know what she did. That's good she moved away...now you can't just cut all connects with her.

8. Sounds like she was being super shady and now that she's gone she knows you can't catch her in anything so she's being all sweet,you don't need that drama in your life. Even if you miss her later just remember you're better off by yourself for a little while than with someone that doesn't appreciate and respect you.

9. Yeah and she even said she doesn't plan on keeping in touch with him but she still wants to see me and talk to me. But when she texted me I love you last night now I'm gonna be wondering if she texted him that too. I'm gonna wonder if she's still keeping in touch with him. I can't deal with those thoughts.

10. I agree that her behavior sounds a bit shaky. And considering it's an ex and someone who she has known for a very long time, I think she has her priorities all mixed up. I say you leave her alone because in my opinion, it sounds to me like she is making you an short term option, and not a security in her life.

11. Yep..def gonna block her number. I could put this behind me and think of the good times but those things i saw on her phone will always eat away at me if I kept her as a friend.

12. Put it into action and I will regard you as a wise man.

13. Yeah bro, thats real shady.
    This isn't important NOW but it was then, you should have told her how you felt exactly. I'm not sure if you hid your feelings, but you said it yourself you told her you weren't mad yet you were.

Communication is key, even with a shady bitch who is trying to whore around.
    I feel you man, I know it sucks...but just take this all as a lesson for the future relationships you endure. Don't make the same mistake twice. If you feel like your girl shouldn't be hanging around some guy, mention it. Same applies to her, if you want to hang with a girl, and she mentions it bothers her. Respect her wishes.

Cause you know if you try and debate it, its just going to lead to another fight.

Anyways, good luck man, all the best and hopefully you and her will never see each other again. Good riddance to that bitch! PEACE.

14. He's fucking her

15. Drop the bitch. Situation, handled.

16. Yea fuck that she is shady

17. I think I got a win. I texted her exactly how I felt about everything and everything I knew. I cut her off for good.

And I was talkin to her sister today and I fucked her lol

18. Good for you bud

19. When she got roses from that guy and went to see him is when you shoulda told her that you don't want no part of that shit or started seein girls on the side at the last.

20. Should of said adios.