not sure if i should be pissed or sad

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by o0OJoeyO0o, Aug 26, 2011.

1. so i come home after 4 days of school. 4 days. asked my parents to water everything ONE time when the leaves start to droop. I come back to 5 dead clones and 6 plants that have not even been given a drop of water. all 6 of them have a severe spider mite infestation. i don't know how this could happen, but it did. And despite everyone saying not to spray anything on the buds i'll be treating with goGnats, i have to. 400$ investing is not gonna go to shit. I'm finding out the hard way that this balancing act of school and growing is not working out to well.

2. Bulmats for the win....their not cheap, but you can leave them for a week at a time with no problems

3. pissed and sad that takes the piss but then again if you want something doing properly.......................

4. Google must be down, gimme a sec

5. sorry i'm confused. too high.

6. sorry ill break it down..................... you should be pissed and sad, it sucks what happened to your plants . often if you want something doing properly you have to sort it out yourself

ps. as far as im aware ther are these crystal type things you can put with your soil mix and it makes your waterings last longer. i think its primarily for use outdoors whre its very hot and doesnt rain so the plants will have to wait a while imbetween waterings, but im sure you could adapt it for your indoor situation...........not sure what its called but look it up, could be the answer to your problem

:smoke:

7. #9 o0OJoeyO0o, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011
    thanks. i'll check it out. cause i put way to much perlite in the soil for them to go 4 days without water. and yea i know i've been babying them since day 1 then first day of school was 22nd. fml

8. Quick example...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Gro-100831-Storing-Crystals-12-Ounce/dp/B0042YYVYG]Amazon.com: Miracle-Gro 100831 Water Storing Crystals, 12-Ounce: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

"Product Features

- Reduces water stress in plants and helps protect them in times of hot weather or drought
    - Ideal for indoor and outdoor plants"

[​IMG]

They're not ideal, but then again your circumstances are also not quite ideal (infrequent crop-tending) :) For under $5 - 8, they're a decent solution to your issue.

9. so can i just put them on top of the soil?

10. Yo tihspeed have you used these before? do you know if they work well, they seem very convenient. im definitely interested...

11. We tried something similar with our houseplants a couple of years ago. The problem with it is that the soil pretty much has to be fully saturated or else it just empties itself of all the water. And once you have it fully saturated, the soil stays that way until it's out of water. From the little I know, you shouldn't keep the roots saturated for days at a time?

12. i recommend building a little ebb and flow hydro system if you have to go to school I had the same problem but it is quite easy to build a hydro system for around 200 most of witch is the cost of the hydro pump, but it gets rid of all that watering nonsense hehe

13. I have them....I use them....just set to slow drip and your fine

Bad kitty's idea is much cheaper though

14. hmmm so many options