Not sure if I killed my seedlings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Snoopsmum, Sep 16, 2021.

1. I’m pretty sure I killed both of my seedlings 6F3652AC-5B1E-416C-A863-E13C100AF783.jpeg CF24B209-6B05-43B6-A329-718BE6DDAB11.jpeg They have been in a garage with little airflow temps around 16-27 degrees celsius under the Mars hydro ts600 haven’t put em in a grow tent yet but I’m worried, The smaller one started to grow mold when I left the bottom of a plastic bottle over the seedlings I haven’t put it on since but I was looking at the root because there was barely any growth and it’s brown and dried up as for the other one it was the first to surface but after a weed it hasn’t grown much at all and it’s starting to turn yellow I’m not sure if that’s because I’m under watering but i ph bottled spring water to about 6 to 6.5 and add I little bit of pure honey to the water and spray them with a spay bottle but I’m pretty sure the light dries the water too fast anyone have some advice

2. What kind of soil?
    How often and how much water are they given?

I wouldn’t be spraying them with honey water. Any sugars added to water is to feed the soil microbiology, not the plant, and better to feed them a source of starch, sugars can actually slow down microbes, same principle as a sugar crash in humans.

but if your seedlings have looked like that for a whole week they are 100% dead haha

• Like Like x 1
  3. Solo cup poisoning.
    To dense a soil
    To wet
    Low light
    To humid.
    Seedlings are tough and you have to work extra hard to kill them.
    Score !!!
    :) just messing with you. but most does apply.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. growing is not as easy as one would think . at least they died young and you didnt waste 2 months and then kill them

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 GroBuddy, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    R.i.p. agree with brassnwood minus the solo cup poisoning. Alot more perlite and you should have been misting at that point or at the least a shot glass of water around the plants base. About a week and a half to 2 weeks before you need to water the entire cup. Too young for any kind of foliar feed. Honey doesn't do anything, if you want to foliar feed look into humic acid, Epsom salt, cal/mag or a light nutrient mix. Give them 3 to 4 weeks before you start that tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. soil is some cheap stuff has slow release fertilisers some minirals and coco peat mixed with some bark the smaller one has looked like that all week but the bigger one has slowly been growing I might leave em outside for a couple of days see how they react to that

7. Thanks

8. What’s solocup poisoning

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Looks like you tried growing in soaking wet mulch. You need better quality soil and a lot less water.

10. it’s nothing special but It’s not mulch

Attached Files:

11. Yup they look dead from here...just use regular potting soil and start over if you have seeds. Good luck

12. Yh I just received 5 ak47 xtrm auto flower seeds from Amsterdam marajuana seeds so here’s hoping they don’t end up like these guys and thx for the help

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Well they weren't going to grow in the wood pile u gave them. Soil should look like this. Wood chips will take 10 years to break down. So ur saplings won't get enough air to the roots 20210911_070552.jpg 20210911_070528.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1