Not satisfied with my life ATM...?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Feb 16, 2016.

1. i am 21 years old and going to basic training next month.
    My social life sucks in my opinion. I don't really hangout with much people.
    Im insecure with my smile so I'm not good at talking to girls.
    Although I did have a gf for 3 years but I can't seem to get another one.
    It seems as if a lot of people my age are just going out partying all the time. & I'm just at home watching Netflix wasting my life....

I'm hoping joining the army will give me more confidence. Any tips on how I should live my life before I ship off? I just want to be happy. Please help thanks in advance....

2. YOLO.

Do you Fam.

Whatever you like do it.

Anything special you always wanted to do, but never got the chance? Now would be the time.

3. I've heard (and seen) that joining the military changes your personality in many ways.

It's different for everyone, obviosuly, but every single one of my friends that joined came back a completely different person.

Most were alcoholics, some had anger issues, some didn't like leaving the house etc etc.

I'd be more concerned about how you plan on living your life afterwards.

You've only only got a month until you leave, I would suggest spending time with family and just having any sort of fun you can.

Best of luck, bro.

4. Enjoy it before it becomes very, very real...And very, very different.

Personally, if I were to join it would be my career and I'd retire out with it unless I could get some type of technical specialty that can offer possibilities after.

As far as the other shit, fuck 'em.[​IMG]

5. You should be looking forward to being in the army. Did you volunteer to go, or were you pushed to do it?

6. Always wanted since I was a kid!
    In fact I feel like its what I was born for.
    Chicks also dig men in uniform right ?! 😂😂😂😂
    All jokes aside... I'm also wanting to travel.
    I live in Hawaii and have never been to the mainland,
    Missouri to be exact, & I am actually excited to see a totally different American state 👌✌

7. I'm sure you'll have fun. Just don't let Donald Trump get elected, or you'll be sent to Syria or something..

[​IMG]

8. Not to make light whatsoever,
    Fuck after reading that I wish i had those symptoms from military service an not crazy girls and shit...

Jeff, youll get it man, im doing similar, do have my small biz, but ill be thirty in 3 years man....You got this..

9. #9 King Willie, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    To be completely honest, partying is over rated lol. This is actually a common feeling at this age, man. I've been feeling the same way the past few years, except my life took a turn for the worse in legal ways, substance abuse, that kinda stuff. But ya know what, you really do get through it. As cliche as it is, and you come out stronger on the other side. I'm finally getting things together and it feels really good. Make little goals and milestones for yourself to accomplish, things you've been meaning to get around to, things you've always wanted to do. Even small things, it can be the most insignificant task, but when you start accomplishing these little things, and crossing stuff off your list it really makes you feel good about yourself. With every little one you accomplish, it'll give you a good feeling.

10. Yo man, don't sweat it. I'm terrible at talking to people. Do not worry about what other people do. If they don't help you out in life don't worry about them. As my man Oscar said. Fuck em' :cool:

11. your best days are ahead!!

🐜

12. focus on you and your career.

I'm hoping you didn't choose infantry, your options will be, um, they don't give infantry options do they???
    I avoided combat since there was little college tuition and bonus.

anyways, finish and use the college money to further a career.

save lots of money, trust me.

A man owning a house is suppose to be sexy.

13. Can't say that I've never felt the same, but the thing is, there is no prescribed way we're all supposed to go about life. A lot of shit makes it seem like there is, but there really isn't. We all handle shit differently, and we all want and need different things to fill our time.

Good for you for signing up, even though I think you might have done it for the wrong reasons. I hope it gives you what you're looking for; for a lot of my friends, it has given them a lot more confidence and people that they would call brothers and go anywhere/do anything for.

You'll figure it out, we all do.

14. So you're not satisfied with life being at home, and 21 years old and single.

But you think that putting yourself under the stress, trauma, and danger from war is better?

Not to mention there are very little females in the military and you'll be away from whatever family and friends you have.

Running away to the military won't solve your problems. If anything, a high stress environment like that would be the opposite.

Look within yourself and confront the things that are making you unhappy. Also, appreciate all the good in your life. Cultivate your life. Read books, find something to become passionate about, and become the best person you can be.

And smile. Because you shouldn't let an insecurity (which you probably worry about WAY more than anyone notices) stop you from being you.

15. Good luck man, my advice to you is just to go hard!!! Be a badass, unstoppable fucking force!! I envy you for having the courage to make that step. I consider the military occasionally but my vices (mainly MJ) hold me back mentally.

Also enjoy the Netflix while you can brotha, God how I love Netflix.. watch a couple good movies or finish a TV show so at least your Netflix days were not in vein

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app