Not satisfied with dorm life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cloudyjon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. I just mover into a University up in Maine , going in as a sophomore. Im 20 and am living in a coed dorm.
    So far ive explored the campus and met most of the people on my floor. I also attended a social gathering for for the whole building . Most of the kids are 18~19 some are 20.
    I Went on a walk with my roommate and his friend who sells bud small time . We smoked a joint and my roommate was acting like he was drunk but balanced...kind of immature. I get the feeling their all coming from the middle of fuck maine and just being dumb.
    I left behind a relationship of close to 3 years for this and im not feeling satisfied. My opinión will hopefully change once a few more days go by .
    Any one got any ideas? I can provide updates of my experience .

2. Time to find all the hot and eager 18 year old bitches and live the college life man.

3. It almost feels like prison here though haha . Maybe ive been watching to much prison break . The individual showers skeve me the fuck out .

4. [quote name="Cloudyjon" post="19330174" timestamp="1389585811"]I just mover into a University up in Maine , going in as a sophomore. Im 20 and am living in a coed dorm. So far ive explored the campus and met most of the people on my floor. I also attended a social gathering for for the whole building . Most of the kids are 18~19 some are 20. I Went on a walk with my roommate and his friend who sells bud small time . We smoked a joint and my roommate was acting like he was drunk but balanced...kind of immature. I get the feeling their all coming from the middle of fuck maine and just being dumb.I left behind a relationship of close to 3 years for this and im not feeling satisfied. My opinión will hopefully change once a few more days go by .Any one got any ideas? I can provide updates of my experience .[/quote]Idk what you mean normally the actual dorms suck to live in but living with so many people in the building is kinda cool. You just gotta explore the campus more and determine where and who you should be hanging out with people. Dorm life is what you make it, if you become good friends with lots of people that live around you it can be cool though. Call your roommate out for acting drunk from a joint and depending on his response maybe youll realize you just need to find other people to chill with. Also im kinda under the impression youre living in a freshman dorm maybe apply for nicer on campus appts or something along those lines. Could be a more mature nicer environment.

5. Thats what I plan on doing next semester, going to the upperclass dorm/appartments. And the one actin all cray from the J is my roommate haha . I definetly plan on making as many friends as possible. Im just feeling a lil home sick I guess haha dont call me a pussy

6. I've been home from college for Christmas break since December 13th. When I was living in the dorms for the semester I got used to it after a week or two but now that I've been home, the thought of going back to dorm life gives me anxiety. Personally, I fucking hate the dorms but you gotta do what you gotta do.

7. That feeling yoy feel deep inside. Its the urge to be free. Be just that buddy. Be it.

8. [quote name="Cloudyjon" post="19332086" timestamp="1389625512"]Thats what I plan on doing next semester, going to the upperclass dorm/appartments. And the one actin all cray from the J is my roommate haha . I definetly plan on making as many friends as possible. Im just feeling a lil home sick I guess haha dont call me a pussy[/quote]Yeah man, just dont ostrachize anyone because its college and most people are fairly mature anf you may find friends you wouldnt expect. Just make sure to avoid them if they're determined to be the kid everyone knows for being creepy on campus

9. #9 azcactus, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    My old fart advice is get involved with becoming a resident assistant and then head resident. If you can make good grades the university will pay you to go to school. I know this because my son did it @ a D-I school for his BS and is now graduating in May from a different D-I school as a Head Resident in an honors only dorm.

He has never not lived in the dorms and has a GREAT network of contacts that are now spread everywhere. 

Make the most of it, but please don't blaze your schooling away. That education is going to make you a better provider for your family at a later date or at least provide nicer things for yourself. 

I should've done things way differently.

Join clubs and organizations. They will help. Enjoy it while you can.

10. Thank you for the advice , I plan on joining some clubs and all of that jazz in due time. And believe me im not going smoke it all away , im thinking long term at this point in my life

11. #11 Menchville, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    You are crazy, I loved my dorm living years...Now I did go to a HBCU(Historically Black University/College) with 98.3% African American population...and I am a white guy....so somehow it worked out in my favor and had the best 2 years in my life.

Hell, I enjoyed the athletic dorms a lot better then the upperclassmen Suites/apartments...I got suspended while living in the Suites after 2 months(till this upcoming summer semester), enjoyed life in the athletic dorms for 2 years with no problems and nothing but fun times.

Nothing is better then a bunch of bored college athletes who got nothing better to do then fuck around on the off season and smoke tree till our hearts content. 

To each his own, I wish I could go back to living in the dorms.  :metal:

P.S....join a fraternity, will make you're life so much more interesting and you will meet so many like minded people and make bonds for life. I joined a majority black fraternity and have loved every second of it. Met so many cool people. 

12. everybody hates dorm life when they are living it. but let me tell you, those where some of the best times i ever had. well next to your first apartment and throwing parties and all that jazz...

sorry to hear about that 3 year relationship OP, but you are only 20. the chances that you found your solemate are pretty slim, so if it works out then you know its real. if it fails, then dont sweat it, because that just means it wasnt meant to be...

keep your head up and enjoy the dorm life, youll never get a chance to time travel and relive it so make it fucking count!
    :metal: