Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not really getting high...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xsubxwooferx, May 3, 2009.

1. Hey for past 2 weeks...every day I been smoking like maybe twice a day for two weeks and just friday this week or so when I smoke im high for maybe 30 mins then goes away....everyone else is still fucked up...could my tolerance build up that fast?

2. It might, but it's not too likely, tolerance affects everyone differently man.

3. Just take like a week or two off of the plant, then smoke. Beleive me you'll notice the difference. Or you could take a couple months off, then your tolerance will drop significantly.

4. Depends how you smoke as well. If you're just taking hit after hit only trying to get really blazed you may not enjoy it as much. Take it easy, wait slightly longer between hits and breathe 'em in nice and deep, and exhale. Just chill and let it creep up on ya :hello:

5. Take a quick 2 or 3 days Tolerance Break. You'll then be able to see if your tolerance has got lower or stayed the same.

6. This is true, i have had friends pass out while i am still mellow cooking some munchies! It effects people differently theres also a few other reasons why this could be happening.

You are smoking on a full stomach - same princible as alchohol (weakens the effect)
    You are smoking too regulary or your weed is not very potent.

7. Hold the smoke in your lungs for about 8 seconds then exhale.

8. Why do people always have to put out misinformation...

After 2-3 seconds, most of the THC is absorbed, after that it's only tar.

@ Op:

What amount of weed do you smoke? Is it shwag or decent? What method do you use?

Elend.

9. No. I can tell you from experience, that the longer it's held the higher one gets. This may not be true for all, but it most definitely is for me. Holding hits in for 2-3 seconds doesn't do shit for me, I HAVE to hold it for longer.

10. No, when you hold it longer you get oxygen deprivation which makes your head spin = You feel higher.

Unless your lungs are different from every human being on this planet, you don't have to hold it longer.

Elend.

11. I used to think that it was from oxygen deprivation as well, but I've held my breath with no smoke in my lungs and my head doesn't "spin" and I don't feel higher. How would you explain that? For the record, I'm not tryna be an asshole, I am genuinely curious.

12. It's all good. I'd think that when you keep the actual smoke in your lungs for longer, it makes you dizzy as you start to absorb other elements of it. (CO CO2 I'd guess...)

Plus, the oxygen deprivation!

Elend.

13. Holding it in for more then 8 seconds is pointless... It doesn't make you higher, it makes you dizzier. It also just means more tar and the stuff you don't want in your lungs.

14. Well it sounds like you may also have your smoking on a schedule (smoking 2 times a day, every day) my guess is that when your smoking, you are smoking the same amount?

If you haven't already, you may want to find a variety in your bud, if you have been smoking the same shit for the past 2 weeks, you will build up a tolerance much faster then if you were to smoke 2-3 different strains during those 2 weeks.

15. I'd like to see some documentation on your 2-second claim, elend.

16. Are you Not really getting high, or are you Not getting really high?

That makes a big difference.
    If your not really getting high, that may be caused to improper inhaling techniques.

If your not getting REALLY high, then that may be because of your tolerance, or because your not smoking enough. Which probably means you are using very potent bud.