not really a story but does anyone here hate their family or members of it??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by justcallmesir, May 6, 2011.

1. I have a relatively good relationship with my mother, but a nonexistant one with my father. I never really forgave him for peacing out on us to start another family in California (he left my mother and his four kids in CT). To this day i think it is really fucked up what he did, but i can recognize that there are aspects that I don't understand. He was struggling with cocaine addiction and all that garbage, but i still can't really forgive him. I don't really have any relationship with my 3 siblings. They all went to college and lead a quintessential american life. The only one who smokes is my oldest sister. Recently we had a conversation about what happened with our parents relationship, which helped bring closure and fill in some of the blanks. I think my younger brother hates me, because when we were growing up i was pretty hard on him, which i regret.

When you think about it, there are a lot of things we do not understand about being a parent until we have a child of our own.
    Yeah, we all know how conservatives hate teenagers. Thanks for your valuable contribution.

2. #42 flapflip, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I can =) my moms a methhead madam and my dad skipped out on me when i was 2 =)

3. HAha dude..im still baptized and smoke with my baptized friends to this day. I think you kinda dont really explain all, i mean..not all of them are FUCKING CRAZY, but...i definitely know what shit your goin through man. Thats why i can never get caught..cause if i do, my mom will disown me and never speak to me again :( btw..i had to talk to 3 elders before too. LOL

4. My father he is a low life he stands for everything I am not. He is uneducated a racist a homophobic a junkies liar and a thief

5. #45 FuckBeerGetWeed, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hahahahaha

6. I'm changing my last name soon, I no longer want to be connected to my family.

7. Go to your brothers graduation, there's always a chance he will trip and falls on his way to the stage.

8. #48 ddoolin, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    Not hate. Strongly dislike MANY qualities of, yes. Not all of them, of course, but some. I love my family, but they are really ignorant of pretty much everything. They're convinced they know everything and attribute their correctness to the fact that I'm young and think I know everything. I don't claim to know everything, or even more than them (but I'm pretty sure I do), but I know they're wrong about a LOT of things they say. I mean...a LOT. For someone like me, it's practically unbearable and drives me so far away from them regularly. This is my extended family, mostly.

As for my immediate family, I don't see any of my family often except when I'm on breaks and I'm grateful for having them around and for when they do support (about 50/50) but man, it's tough sometimes. Tough to keep up the front that you care and don't want them to just shut up if they genuinely have no idea what they're talking about. AHHHH. I try not to take them for granted because they really are supportive when they know I NEED it or REALLY want something and I guess that's what family is for. Sometimes. I mean, they didn't pay my way through school or buy me a car, or pay for expensive shit that I wanted. They put food on the table and let me live in their house. Occasionally they would be kind enough to buy me things I didn't need and I have to be grateful. They didn't have to.

Ah, well...

9. Your parents cant be as bad as you say because you feel like you have to go. And that right there is a conscience.