Not Ready Yet, But Soon....

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by heartbeating, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Sup GC,

If you guys had to guess, how much longer should this plant be left before harvest? Currently, it's on day 49 of flowering. I am presently thinking about harvesting on day 56 - which works out to be a week from today... but now I feel like for some parts of the plant, this may be a bit on the early side. What do you all think - without detailed trichome shots of course (which will come once I procure a good enough scope).

Strain wise, this is a a Northern Lights crossed with a Shiva (bought the crossed seeds). Also, I really don't have a huge preference for what type of high the plant produces - at this point I am just planning on going for the 50% cloudy mark (50/50ish high).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Well, I have a 10x magnifying glass with a dandy light on it, kind of low on the magnification spectrum, but it helps at least. If I had to guess, I would say less than 10% of the trichomes on the leaves within buds are cloudy. I see an occasional amber one, perhaps 1/250? Well, this pretty much answers my question for me, but input is still appreciated :p

Have you ever used a 10x scope to gauge your weed's maturity? Do I need higher, or can you more or less get the job done at 10?

Thanks GC.

3. i use a 20times jewlers scope yeah thats got a lot more time let it fatten up at least 50% amber is what i like for potency and yield in my northern 5 and northern lights and northern5xskunk1 strains

4. Fair enough. I'll wait the extra week at minimum and give it longer if it needs at that point. Thanks much!

5. A week-2weeks i'd say is right. It's looking great! Make sure you water with molasses (2 tablespoons per gallon) every time to fatten up those buds!!