Not paid for 12 hours work because of clerical error

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tackthecack, Jul 8, 2013.

1. #1 tackthecack, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    Hey 

So i work at a nightclub. Last week I worked two shifts and am not being paid because I didn't sign out properly. Basically you are supposed to put your rota'd shift and your actual shift but i just put the actual shift (bearing in mind i do this at 4am after working all night). I'm really angry. Legally of course i am owed the money and will get it but i am worried about being sacked for kicking up a fuss....hmmm...anyone have any similar stories? Should I wait until the end of the summer get this money back so i still have a job? (in the uk you are allowed 3 months to wait until going through the courts to get the money)

2. Its your money just go ask them for it. Why would they get mad about you asking for your money?

3. Try signing out correctly next time. Always helps to use the sign out sheets as intended ESP. When your pay depends on how you fill it out

4. ey will give ur money and correct mistake. At least where I work in the usa

5. so i asked to be paid again.....then they said no. then when i pointed out it was illegal my boss said "you think so?" and i replied "i know so"......so then they agreed to pay. then they said something like "and by the way you're being moved to ....." which is basically a demotion.....wtf

Did you really expect that there wouldn't be repercussions? 

7. Damn you fucked up. See in life you gotta jump through a lot of hoops and ladders to make the man happy... You messed up the system a la matrix style and now you gotta suffer a demotion. Learn your lesson and move on. Next time you could find yourself drunk with no pants on robbing a pharmacy.

8. It's a nightclub.  What's a demotion if you are still getting the same pay?  It's not like it is hurting your path up the career ladder.  Obviously I'm not familiar with your job but unless you get a cut in pay/hours it doesn't seem like the end of the world.

9. its being moved from bar to barback which as a "professional" is quite humiliating......... tbh i never really want to go there again....my boss was like "i did you a favour by giving you this job"......thats not how employment works-you do the hours and you get paid as and when agreed. simple

10. Your boss didn't do you a favor, you did him a favor, you see in any capitalist system you own your work hours and SELL them to employers for whatever price you agree upon. Just when you do quit, tell him "Your an inconsiderate prick and if you have a problem with me saying that that, write a letter with all your concerns, address it to me, and shove it up your ass."

11. why are all bosses jerks?!

12. 2 words...labor board

13. Thank God I live in the USA. Jumping through hoops my ass. If you work, ya get paid. I would have called the better business beaureu on his ass. Report him to the department of labor. Or quit. Tell him to fuck off and go get a better job.

14. I'm sure you could kick up a fuss and get back to your normal position... alternatively visit your local http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
    to see if there is anything you can do legally