Not much amber

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by johnyossarian, Oct 31, 2011.

1. So it is almost november and winter is coming. I have taken my plant in doors (put it in a room that i use as a green house for house plants) The room has four huge windows and is south facing so lots of good light

Anyway, some popcorn buds and little scraggly buds have amber trichs all over and i am cutting those down as i go. However ALL the main buds and colas have very few amber trichs but they look juicy and ready to cut. they are all dense and the pistols have recceeded, but when i look under the microscope it doesnt look quite ready

The popcorn buds with the amber trichs look like i waited too long and were over ripe, although under the microscope the trichs look right.

My instincts tell me the big buds and colas are ready to come off even though under the microscope they do not look ready.

Should i trust my instincts and harvest? or stick to the advice and the formula and wait for the trichomes to change color?

2. well usualy the top buds mature first...How long have they been into flowering
    i think the fall season kinda slows things down a bit

3. its like 13 weeks in

4. 13 weeks is a long time; if the plant looks healthy and since you have it indoors you can still let it finish, though; wait for those ambers to start popping in higher numbers. Since the lower nugs are turning amber, the plant definitely has the capacity to make ambers.

Were it outside, or if the plant is looking sickly, I'd advise to harvest now.

5. Any chance you are getting light leaks?

6. How would light leaks delay flowering? (would like to know)
    If there were enough interruptions in the dark period, enough days in a row, wouldn't it cause the flower to vege out causing rapid maturation of bud, stretched bud sites, and stemmy buds?

For my past grow I had a bubblicious growing next to my vege shed; a few days out of one week I left the door open past darkness. The nugs began to fluff up(stretch out, becoming less dense) and individual calyx's got much bigger.
    Although I harvested early because mold was a major issue in the plant, there were a decent amount of amber trichomes (when before the vege there were none) and the smell is un-FKING-believable.