Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not like it used to be

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Fajita Jim, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Hi all. I've been smoking regularly since 1992. Back then, I remember getting high off very small amounts, and when I got high it was an adventure. I'd forget what I was doing, I'd hear music out of white noise, I'd have the most interesting thoughts, and colors were so vivid.

Flash-forward a decade-and-a-half. Even after prolonged tolerance breaks, the effects are completely different now. It makes me tired, makes me relaxed both mentally and physically, but that's about it. When I score some KB, I'll have some memory issues, but none of the other-world feelings I used to get.

I can't quite finger if all this changed after my 4-year love-affair with LSD or not, but something is definately different. Can I write this off to age? Or have I just built a life-long tolerance?

2. Probably just tolerance, take a month or two off and things should be better when you start back up.

3. Did you even read his post :rolleyes: Anyway bro, I know what you mean. When I first started smoking i' remember having adventures and spacing out. I remember smoking a joint and me a my friend thought we were civil war soldiers and spent 2 hours throwing rocks at each other in a forrest/hill thing. Shit i'm only 21 but i've been smoking for about 7-8 years now. I took a 2 month tolerance break (well, force tolerance break) like 2 years ago and was also looking forward to getting this "original" high feeling. It hasn't happened to me either :( I got super high, but nothing like back when I was a younger kid. I guess thats why they say MJ is a gateway drug. I think for people like us what happens is our mind/body just gets used to functioning high. Its like they say with riding a bike, you never forget. Well I guess with weed your body never forgets what being high is like after you get to a certian point.

4. Prolly just redifined over the years..

5. you just matured. i'm sure if you take another t-break and then smoke a lot of weed, it could again happen. i don't see how someone can have a permanent increase of tolerance since they have started smoking.

kids' imaginations are much more active, that has a lot to do with it as well. you were 12/13 when you started, correct?

6. Sounds to me like you have changed and not your tolerance. I mean I remember when I used to play video games a lot and I loved em. They just don't thrill me as much anymore because I have changed. Sounds to me like the same has happened to you except with weed.

7. I know what you mean weed changes your view of the world- once its changed over time you get used to it. But the first few highs are always best...

8. Tolerance man, if you can hack it. take a few month t-break.
    You will be ripped when you come back.

9. and get your hands on some nice sativa bud.

10. I didn't like sativa. Which is unusual because I'm a psychedelic kinda guy. Shrooms and acid are great, and pot. But those are the only drugs I've ever taken a liking to.

I took a 6-month tolerance break last summer, and I did get higher when I returned to smoking, but still not AS high.

It may also be due that post-LSD, pot is just a buzz.

11. i think you're confusing sativa with salvia. sativa is the kind of weed which gives you a good head high, therefore sparking your imagination. it has little to no body high, so you won't be tired and stuff.

12. Yeah, sorry, I mis-read that. I've had some AK-47 and Blueberry recently, and while the highs were indeed very nice and far above my usual shwag, I was still able to keep my head on my shoulders so to speak. I don't get any of the extreme experiences I used to.

Maybe I just know how to handle myself high now, but it would be nice for a day to just lose it. You know, in my own house and not have to worry about parents like I used to.

13. Not only me?

What has been said here makes more sense to me than anything I have said or heard about what you are experiencing. I too went through that same thing about 25 years ago. I took a 6 month tolerance break in 2005 and it wasn't the same. Better than usual but that didn't last long either.

Here is a thread of a discussion much like this but was being viewed from a different angle. What is being said here makes much more sense to me.

Maybe da_sauce is onto something, nice sativa bud. Some sativas do have some psychedelic qualities.

<HR><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%" colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="1%">[​IMG]
    £15 for 10 seeds

</TD><TD width="153%">Viet Combo Vietnamese x Vietanamese Black
    Offspring of this cross has produced a range of outcomes from the trippiest to soaring highs while others can bring on paranoia, racing heart beat and hallucinations for those not used to it. Generally speaking Viet combo's most early finishing phenos are around 10+ weeks, which is the fastest pheno I've found to date. A large majority will finish around the 12 -14 weeks while the rare odd freak will try and push past the 15 week but what an awesome racing head high these have known to produce. A few to many hits from one of these wonders I found myself staggering around like a drunken sailor with no control over my body. Not for light weight smokers and recommended for only experienced growers if attempted indoors. For indoor grows I highly recommend flowering direct from seed and provide ample light to achieve maximum results. A good curing period is essential for a quality smoking session.

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="1%"></TD><TD width="153%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width="24%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

14. Cannabis will never be the same as it was when you first started, how could it be? The first time you smoke you are excited and curious about what will happen and you don't know what to expect. The newspapers, tv, parents, teachers, etc...all told us that marijuana was evil and could do all these crazy things and then after you try it and get used to it you realize it is NOTHING like what people said it would be. It's just a fucking plant that helps you relax and ease pain, perhaps open your mind a bit more. It's not some miracle drug, it's not some magical herb ... it's just a fucking plant.

15. you are expecting more from weed than you are going to get, just enjoy the high.

16. dude i understand where you are comming from.
    i remeber one of the first times i was high i though my arms were sinking into my legs and almosted chewed my toung off, nothing crazy ever happens to me anymore and i take breaks and smoke danks only. i think its just a natural tolerance we cant break down because its not new anymore.

but i bet if we take years off like 5 to 10 it would be the same
    because i have seen parents smoke for the first time in like forever and they go crazy. its some of the funniest shit i have seen.

17. honestly i dont know how high your tolerance is, ive only smoked weed for a year , but one thing that brought me back to my very first high was cooking about a 1/4 oz of sativa bud slow simmering it into brownies through the oil method. the brownies gave me a intense building sativa high and i walked back to my apartment feeling like i was on an adventure. definately try making some brownies as a change and that will show you the psychedelic side of bud, not just the giggly relaxed side. even with a big tolerance.

i recommend, if you can afford
    1/4 oz or more of some sativa
    slow simmering on low it in the same amount of oil used to make brownies for 45 mins
    strain out the used bud and bake it into brownies.

or an easier method make firecrackers!

18. I believe that your mind has goten use to the "high" effect.(meaning thats its not your tolerance that keeps you from getting as high, b/c after a month you should really have no more thc in your system) When you first started you really didnt know what weed was. And if you actively wanted to try it and werent peer pressured you would have a much more open mind and would WANT the full effects. Now you have smoked over the years and you know the ins and outs of being high, there is no more mysterie to it. Knowing most seasoned smoker they arent into smoking for the thrill of the high, so they become more laid back. and you also gained alot of maturity over the years. this is just what i think.

19. extracts and edibles, and switching strains keep the tolerance dr. away :wave:.

20. I agree with this guy. It's probablly not the weed that's changed, it's you.