Not knowing my path

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AmyJade27, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Same here bud. Been a carpenter for 20 years of my 36 years alive. Now I’m teaching my sons. Growing bud a little less than that, lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. No it isnt too late!!!!!! Last year, I quit my I hated but made alot of money. Started physical therapy school at 34, found I hated that even more and left there last December. I am in a place where I know what I dont like more than what I do. I started growing as a hobby to pass the time, but I love it!

My advice is
    1. Dont become a slave to making money.
    2. You can do computer science to pay for the hobbies you like.
    3. If your career gets in the way of your passion, get out and think about 1.
    4. When you find a passion the happiness will succeed the money, and money will eventually come.

This is what my 35 year old self would tell my 23 year old self. I have been in situations where I would get physically sick because I hated what I did. So NO it isnt too late! if you like music jump head first into it and good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. “money will eventually come“

That’s all fine until you wake up at 35 and discover that you’re still in school, haven’t gotten anywhere or gotten a degree in anything tangible and still aren’t making any money - and of course now owe a million in student loans.

Money won’t just “eventually come” - not at all. You need to make it come...

Or not.

J

• Like Like x 2
  4. @AmyJade27
    Seems to me your path is clearer than a lot of people’s. You’ve got a lot of good things going for you.

You’re smart enough to be getting a degree. Use that knowledge to your financial benefit.
    Your passion for making music is strong. Indulge that passion for the sake of your heart, mind & soul.

There’s many that could only hope or wish to be in your position!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. The worst that could happen if you try is that you end up exactly where you are now.

If you don't, you'll always regret it.

• Like Like x 1