Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not in a great mood.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NickM420, May 26, 2010.

1. That may be what you got from it, but I in no way meant it like that. I was just throwing that out there, I never said it would guarantee anything. Everyone is different so everyone's parents won't take things the same way, so I threw that out there because the OP knows his parents better than I do. If the OP is responsible and handles his business, and they see this, then they might at least be a little considerate. He could re-word what I said into many different things, such as an "Can you start treating me like an adult" argument, etc.

2. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that they aren't going to approve or be open-minded. This is how life works.

You can't always convince someone to see things your way. They have their own ideas and opinions and they don't necessarily have to coincide with yours.

This can be hard to accept when it's your parents that are the other party, but still, they don't have to agree with you. At your age it might be a little more comfortabe for you if they accept everything you do, but that's not always going to be the case.

I don't mean this in a harsh way, but you need to grow up. Step out from under their shadow a little bit and accept that you're not going to see eye-to-eye on this topic. This can be hard to do if this is the first time you had to choose to do something without your parents' support, but it's something you need to do. For the rest of your life, you're going to do things without their support. I'm 38 years old with teenagers of my own now. I can't remember the last time I wanted/needed parental support on anything, but there was a time in my life when I looked for their support for everything. This is a natural transition and you need to move forward with it.

This doesn't mean you need to move out. You just need to accpet their rules and stop punching holes in their walls just because you're in a bad mood. That's pretty immature and pointless. It solves nothing. This doesn't mean that you can't enjoy cannibis. Just live by their rules when you are in their house.

Hope this helps.

3. I dig what you're saying and I'm not trying to run it down. Thing is, "can you start treating me like an adult" is something a child says, not an adult. This is something kids have a hard time understanding. When you're an adult and making adult decisions, you don't ask to be treated like an adult. You don't ask anyone anything, you just do it, because you are the master of your own life. Asking to be treated like an adult means you want the best of both worlds. You want adult freedom but you want to be supported like a kid. An adult knows without having to ask or be told, if you're living on someone else's dime, that someone else is in charge, no ifs ands or buts.

4. i know what you mean man, my mum first caught me when i was sixteen, in the middle of my GCSE's (first set of "important" brittish exams) but to be fair she was really decent about it, she just said to save it for uni and i just sucked it up. but i always thought, why you do it? (i'm mentioning this cause your dad sounds like my mum when they were younger) and then i realised it was cause it got in the way of her school work ect, and to my parents i'm like the perfect daughter or something, i'm always getting A's, i do charity work ect ect ect i guess they see our potential and don't want it to go to waste. and I know we can do it, but i wouldn't wanna take the risk if i had a kid.

so yeah, i stopped when my mum asked me to, well for a few months and even now i try my best not to bring shit home with me even years later. if i was you i'd do the same, once your older and your successful in what you're doing you can bring up how you managed the balance or something.

but nice one for wanting to be honest with them!