Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not hungry while sober

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tenany, Sep 3, 2010.

1. So lately I've been holding off on buying some weed so I can save a bit of cash. I havent been able to smoking daily like I'm used to and I'm starting to notice that I am rarely hungry when I'm sober. I went almost 2 days without eating, and I still wasnt hungry. When I finally did eat, I couldnt eat very much at one time.

Anybody else experience this?

2. yea this happens to me sometimes. i usually only eat when im baked and im blazed all day. On days i dont, i find it hard to keep down food or eat, i have to force myself to eat. i find though it goes away after a week or two

3. Ya, thats exactly it. I pretty much have to force myself to eat or I feel week from not eating. Sometimes Ill want to eat just so the empty feeling my stomach will go away, then when I try to eat I just cant keep it down.

4. same thing happens to me.
    ill actually feel hungry sorta.but its not till like late at night.than when i try to eat after about 2 bites i feel sick.
    it does go away though went on a t-break for 3 weeks and all of a sudden i was starving and couldnt stop eating.haha it was literally like somebody turned on my hungry switch or something.

5. im the same way seems like this happens to most everyday smokers

6. I get that a lot but usually a vapor puff is enough to stimulate my appetite in the morning. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish my meal. Also if I consume cannabis that day then I usually don't have problems eating regularly. I guess it's a mild form of withdrawal for me..

7. Its all in your mind...I know the two bite feeling when you instantly feel full/sick. Just pace yourself, especially if you know you should be hungry. Also when you have the munchies youre used to just inhaling whatever is infront of you and then some more.. Its really bad though if you go through the day continuously w/o eating, I guess one day here and there when you are on smoking binges but force an apple down or something if you must!

8. Definitely happens to me too. Basically ever since i started smoking weed i had trouble eating if i wasnt baked. :confused: So i just try to blaze as much as possible. :hello:

9. Get high. :smoke:

10. That's reinforcing the habit. Though weed isn't addictive, using it to regulate sleep and appetite can cause dependence on it for those things.

I have the same issue :(

11. Seasoned tokers is going to flatline at this rate.

For the hundreth time.

Cannabis affects the cannaboid receptors that monitor sleep, diet, and such. Cannabis effects these receptors and changes the natural balance. After a few days your problem should go away.

:wave:

12. I don't know if you do already, but I recommend some exercise. That shit will make you hungry as fuck. Run for half an hour or lift some weights or swim or something. It's definitely saved me from that problem during t-breaks. Also makes you tired too if you are having trouble sleeping without it.

13. Cannabis effects the way your body interprets leptin, a molecule that controls hunger and appetite. Over long term, everyday usage your body gets used to having the signal from leptin, which would ordinarrily block your feeling of hunger, pushed aside. Which is why you get the munchies, the leptin is being suppressed. But when you don't smoke, you've slightly changed the way your brain processes shit so it can take a couple days to get back to normal. Fortunately cannabis contains remarkably safe cannabinoids and endcannabinoids themselves are quite safe.

14. I know how you feel, whenever I take a break it's always difficult to eat. You just got to force yourself to eat even though it won't really taste like anything and you won't be hungry. After about 3-7 days it will get better, depending on how much you smoke. Sleeping on the other hand.. that's a tough one.

15. I feel like food tastes blander when I'm sober. Like eating a banana sober: mulching it around my mouth, too much and I might gag.

16. :hippie:

17. I don't smoke all day so it dosen't happen to me, although I definetely do "suffer" from the munchies. It acually sounds like a blessing in disguise to me, when your dry you get to lose some of your munchie weight:p.

18. Not everyone gains a shit load of weight from munchies though :(

19. I do work out actually, and it doesnt help. It just makes my stomach feel more empty and when I try to get some food down after, its pretty hard because it just makes me feel more sick.

20. i dont gain a pound when i munch out, and ill eat enough food for 3 people, doenst put a pound on me, just seems to balance my weight out, but if i dont blaze, my weight drops like a rock