Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not having fun when smoking it.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Apr 12, 2010.

1. The high feeling after smoking is worth it, but since i'm new, the smoking element is not fun.
    I can't afford vaporizers, haha.
    But yeah, is it normal, after smoking for 15 minutes for a new smoker to start gaging? I'll begin to gag, and have an excess of salavia in my mouth. After I choke a bit, this goes away, and then bam, my mouth is dry, and im high..

is this normal when smoking?

2. Hmm...I'm kind of confused. Are you gagging after you take a hit or? I've never had a problem where I start to gag and choke...

3. It's after like.. id say 5 hits or so.
    The first 3-5 are fine.
    But then after that that's when I start to lose it.
    I've also only smoke 1 whole j twice, both of which times I was coughing after 5 hits or so

4. Is it your throat making you gag? You can get this awful, choking sensation if you smoke too much too quickly when you're starting out. Usually a few sips of cold water kills the choking feeling.

5. Are you smoknig from a pipe?

Maybe your inhaling ash,

I sometimes gag when I inhale ash if i dont have a screen, it tastes horrible.

6. Im using paper rollers, TOPs.

7. I have a friend who gags when he starts to even smell weed, I've only smoked with him once or twice, but it is weird as hell.

He started rolling a J and he was gagging the whole time.

8. are you taking too big of a hit? i have a friend who feels the need to rip the shit out of whatever hes smoking on. like a huge hit. and then he starts gagging and coughing and sometimes ends up puking.. its like dude, you dont have to take the fattest rip ever every time

9. Try drinking something that doesn't sound normal. Maybe your hitting it for too long or you start to breathe weird through your mouth without even knowing it drying it out?

10. Have a glass of water handy.

Inhale smaller hits and enjoy.

11. yay im a new smoker too. are you a girl? cause girls have like something where smoke is harder to get down or something if not then idk, i didnt even cough when i started smoking it wasnt untill later that my lungs werent as strong.

i can guarantee youll get used to it though!! weed is no different from any other kind of medicine, you have to start at a lower dose and work your way into it. i dont like vaporizers at all though.... vapz could never compare hitting a huge bong. i think ice is supposed to make it easier on your lungs too... im not sure tho.

12. dude i laughed at that for like 5 minutes haha nice:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

13. Smoke slower.

14. Quit bein a bitch

15. If i was you i and just starting out i would take small hits and let them out in 2-4sec. until i get used to it then you can start taking mega bong hits and hold for 10+ sec.

16. i usually gag because the taste of risen on my bong but after a few hits i taste nothing.

its good to have a drink at hand when you start gagging

17. Holding in hits for too long might be the culprit, you only need about 3 seconds max. Try puffing and then inhaling, this will give the smoke a brief moment to cool so it's not as harsh.