not growing anymore

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ambermarie, Aug 7, 2009.

1. my plant is about a week old and is only 1inch tall. is that normal?? some people said that their plant was 4 inches by that time. i water it eveyday but only enough to keep the soil moist. i put it outside on my roof to get at least 8 hours of light. then i bring it in my room and out it under floresent lights in my closet for the night. am i ddoing somethig wrong?

Attached Files:

2. #2 KittensOnPCP, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    Add more soil to the cup, and what kind of fluoros are you using? Warm White? If so, it isn't getting much light at all from that light.

Edit - make sure you have holes in the bottom of that cup, or they could be getting root-rot. And only water once you can stick one knuckle into the soil and it is dry, weed likes the soil to dry out a bit before another watering. Also - how far away are your lights in your closet from the plant? Raising the soil level to about a half inch under the top of the cup will allow the plant to get more light from more angles.

3. what temperature is your soil? The plant is now focusing on root growth, and if the soil is not warm enough ( 65-72degrees) it will def slow the growth, but do be patient because it could also be a little slower because of things such as strain, you should see large growth elevations soon, warmer soil will def help speed up growth -syze-

4. also you should saturate soil every watering so roots can penetrate easier and grow faster