Not good... my pipe smells like gorilla glue!

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeK1, Oct 14, 2007.

1. So I made a pipe out of a 2x hose connector... get the image?

[​IMG]
    The pipe going from the bottom to the upper left side, i covered with a washer that fir my bowl.

The bottom hole i fit with a large washer so there was only a small hole (shot gun)

The upper left hole is for my mouth =)

NOW- I glued all the washers and 30 mins later i suck in like i would with weed and my mouth burns and it tastes and smells of that strong ass gorilla glue...

Anyone kno if that glue sent will go away with time or something?
    If not, should I try and buy a new connector and use a different type of 'glue-like' substance?

Thanks GC

2. Did you try letting it dry first?

3. its been 30 mins.. shouldnt it be dry?
    man, my throat burns!

i mean there must be a few of u guys who have made shit from glue right??

4. I wouldnt have used glue man, alot of that shit puts off toxic fumes when it burns. Just be careful

5. I would reccomend not using Gorilla Glue, for the reason POTSTYLZ replied with. GG gives of fumes when burned, if I'm not mistaken... Did you read the bottle?

If you start to feel funny or sick or something, I'd go to a hospital and let them know what happened.

6. get a cheap acrylic or glass bong, your lungs & throat will thank you, even buy a glass bowl on its own for your homemades.

7. I dont light the glue on fire, so that wouldnt be a problem... the flame hits the metal bowl, and im sure the metal wont get too hot to melt the glue thats holding it to the washer... idk

8. And yes, for God's sake, just buy some glass! :hello: You'll never regret buying a nice hefty pipe or bong.

Smoke can be pretty fuckin' hot.

9. I still want to hear from someone who has used glue before just to hear if theres anything wrong and if the fumes will go away if i let it air out and shit... also, how to get my throat to stop burning???

10. im still really leary that your getting fumes at all. U should really just make 7 or 8 dollars and get a cheap ass metal pipe, anything is better than toxic shock!

11. does anything stick metal to metal other then glue or anything toxic if lit on fire?

12. Isnt Toxic Shock an infection chicks get when they dont change out their Tampon enough?

Ha.

13. Gorilla Glue takes a couple hours to completely dry and cure, and even then it's not good for a pipe. You also need to make sure that whatever your using for a bowl is not aluminum.

14. Yeah man, I dont use aluminum anymore.. burns my throat, even tho i think that Alzheimer's shit is complete BS.

My bowl is a 1/4" drill bit made of... umm.. metal? I boil all that shit before i use it as a bowl tho... it gets rid of chemicals used in the factories that can be harmful