Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not getting the 'right high'

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fishyboy, May 9, 2013.

1. Okay, so here goes... I live in NYC and have been smoking about 1-2 times a week for like 2 months. Although I know this is a common question, why am i not getting the 'right high'? I smoked the first time with a blunt, and didnt feel anything (understandably). Since then, however, i have smoked many times, (with bowls, bongs, joints, vapes) and have not really felt the high I have heard about. I know how to inhale, i can feel the smoke in my lungs, i hold my breath, and i know the difference between inhaling weed vs. Cigs. I am smoking more then adequate amounts. Iv smoked 3 bowls myself in a bong, and over 2 big blunts by myself. After about 10-15 minutes ill feel a bit heavy, tired and maybe a bit forgetful. Although this is a bit noticable, it sounds veryy different then my idea of high. Im smoking mids-dank weed, and its pretty obvious im not getting as baked as ky friends. Help?

2. "weed is like cereal, 1 bowl is never enough..."

3. sounds like a pure indica.

4. Well if you're only smoking a few times/week I don't think it's your tolerance. Could be the quality of weed you're getting or even just the actual strain itself. If it makes you tired it's probably an indica. Maybe you like sativas. They give you more of an energized feeling.

5. What i thought too. I have tried a variety of strains like purple haze, Pineapple kush, white widow and even AK 47. Guess this means more experimenting!

6. how are you not getting ripped on 3 bowls? my head would be the fucking universe

7. 3 bowls is nothing dude, but my tolerance is just irritatingly high, so maybe its easier for you.

as to the OP, try a gravity bong. Take a few grav his to the face if you can manage (They tend to be incredibly harsh. I only recently got to the point where I could take more than one at a time without feeling like I raped my lungs). It should get you pretty up there. they're also a pretty efficient way to use your weed. gets you higher with less, good if you're trying to conserve.

8. Gravity bongs are the norm in my country haha ;)

9. buckeys! :hello: love em'

10. how are you not getting ripped on 3 bowls? [​IMG]

11. Get your body healthy then can you experience all that Mary has to offer

12. what in tarnation is the difference??? i used to smoke a pack a day and have been smoking weed for about 9 years; i have always inhaled the same.

anyways, maybe the weed your getting is crappy commercially grown stuff from california or elsewhere out west....... looks good, smells good, has a fair amount of crystals, but doesnt get you stoned most likely because of an early harvest.

ive been getting some complete bullshit recently that doesnt get me high....well i feel a slight buzz, but not what im looking for.

thank heavens i only have 6 days till my death star harvest......than im stashing as much as i can because im sick of this shitty california dope. the crap they cant get rid of out there they give to non-med states at ridiculous prices.

13. maybe you didn't read the OP clear enough. he's only been smoking 1-2 times a week for 2 months. i smoke four times a week on average and i can easily get a decent high on a single bowl of good shit

you are not everyone, you are you

14. I'm confused on this as well. I inhale my weed the same as my cigarettes. Is there more than one way to inhale something?

15. What he's referring to is probably inhaling like you normally would and then taking another breath of air in after that.

16. yeah when i smoke cigys i will bum puff the smoke and then inhale, where as i would normally take ganj straight to the lungs.

17. You might have weak cannabinoid receptors. Idk what you could do for that, but that sucks.