not germinating!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SuperCali, May 23, 2012.

1. i heard of people planting their seeds before germinating. if people can do that then what is the point of germination? like what does it actually do.
    cause like actual flowers that people plant in gardens, they don't "germinate" their seeds.

2. Germination is simply the seed sprouting, this happens if you plant a seed in your garden or use another method to do it.

People usually use a different methods to increase the chances of the seed germinating. You can plant it directly in the dirt but many people use "the paper towel method" or soaking the seed in water to speed up the process and maintain better control of the conditions. If you plant a seed in dirt, it may dry out and if you have to find it again it will probably not be very easy. If you use the paper towel method neither of those things is a concern.

3. I've had success planting directly in soil. Different things work for different people. With paper towel germination you can at least see when the seed has germinated, and i've heard it can speed up the sprouting process.

4. I've had success both ways. With my experience I found it took longer for the seeds placed directly in the dirt to germinate.

5. I used soil, cause the "paper towel method didn't work for me (the temperature in my room was >10 degrees Celsius causing the seeds to remain dormant and not germinate :(

soil on the other hand has much better heat retention and after 3 days of germination i bring the seedlings to the surface and let them start growing :)

and i'm almost certain ALL seeds must germinate in order for the plant to begin growing.