not flowering in 12/12...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by sevnofspades, May 19, 2010.

1. is it possible that high nute levels could cause the plant not to flower? 12/12 no light leaks, plants look super healthy and green, but no signs of flower after 1 week.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. I'd say give it some time. Some strains can be slow as hell in flowering. 1 week is too early to tell, especially if everything else looks healthy.

3. thanks for the reply. I figured I was just jumping the gun. It just doesn't seem like there has been any progress over a week. Usually by now I will have seen something, but it is unknown genetics, so I guess I will just have to wait...:(

4. im expecting it to take 3-4 weeks to see any signs of pre-flower for my plant, iuno, it just seems like thats how long it usually takes with my grows.

5. are you sure its female?? watch plant close for pollen balls. early in flower it stretches then builds buds.

6. Remember that the plants don't just instantly switch into flowering mode when you change the lights to 12/12. They grow for a little while longer, usually a good couple weeks at least while they slowly shut down growth and start putting all energy into flowering.