Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not feeling like smoking anymore?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Guest, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I've been smoking for a longg time, but I toke to help me cope with my pain from ddd,herniated and bludging discs. Lately when I'm sober+in pain I really want to toke up. However when I toke up, I don't feel like being "high" and all I think about is quitting.  :poke:

2. try a high cbd low thc strain

3. ^Indeed. You may also want to try smoking less. You might be able to get some nice pain relief benefits without getting terribly high. Experiment a bit with different strains and low doses. You could also try a rub. A lot of dispensaries offer pain rubs containing weed, but it won't get you high. Worth a try?

4. #4 John Winston Ono Lennon, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    Try edibles if you haven't. The effect is a bit different than smoking it, more of a smooth feeling to it.

5. Nice little bowl pack in a nice spoon should be nice. They give a nice functional high kind of like a skinny joint but wastes less weed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. One word: Edibles.

They just offer you some much control.  You'll have to do a little research on the boiling points of certain cannabinoids.  Here I'll even help you out:
    http://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabinoid-info/

So, what can we learn from this?  Well, lets look at 3 main cannabinoids.  THC, CBD and CBN.

THC is responsible for the main psychoactive effects of cannabis.  Although it is shown to have anti-inflamatory properties as well as other health benefits, it is trumped everytime by the far out-weighing health benefits of CBD.  Now, a lot of people think CBD doesn't get you high.  It does.  THC is responsible for the psychoactive "mind high" as well as some other contributing factors, but CBD is responsible for most of the body "stoned" effect.  Furthermore, CBN is the main "sedative" cannabinoid and also happens to be one of the fastest acting.

So how does this help you?  Well, you're going to make some cannabis cooking oil (guides are all over this website, try cannaoil).  How you cook the oil will allow you to determine its effects.  Here are the boiling points of these 3 cannabinoids:

THC: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    CBD: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    CBN: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit

What this allows you to do is boil away the compounds you dont want, only infusing your oil with the compounds that you do.  For example, to bypass most of the psychoactive effects, produce the ill at a high enough temperature to boil away the THC.  If this still isnt enough for you, and all your interested in is some sedation/sleep and not a high whatsoever, then boil away the CBD aswell and leave only the CBN for a quick trip to bed.

Good luck!