Not exactly clear on changing resevoir

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Slypknow, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Hey all,

I've been reading and found the following odd fact

1: Most indoor growers recommend changing out your resevoir every 10-14 days.
    2: Most nutrient charts which show the amount needed, change for each week of growth.

SO... how then does someone change their water every 2 weeks, while maintaining proper nutrients? Is this where the EC/TDS comes into play? Do ya just wing it? Or does everyone really just change their water every 7 days... ?

-S;yp

2. on my first bubble bucket i asked the same thing and never got a hard answer on this.

so what i did was just top off the water as it went away for 2 weeks and then just skipped a week on the chart and changed the water at 2 weeks.

On the chart i simply used the week i was actually on, so Week 1 then week 3 then week 5 ect ect.

3. Thanks for the reply Dier... yea, it's funny you say that. I went to the hydro store and asked the clerk there...he kinda fubbled around and changed the subject. So I guess most either do what you're doing, or actually change out the res every week. So much for the 'change water every 2 weeks' suggestion... hahah