Not enough sun..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 91d420, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Living up north is tough at this time because the plants probably only get between 5 and 6 hrs of sun per day.. at this point should i cut my loses and just chop them or are the buds still gona keep growing even with such small amounts of sunlight?
    I also have a small problem with aphids making me think its better to cut soon and get rid of them..
    any advice would be helpful, first outdoor grow!
    Probably the last because i hate not being able to control their environment...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Two tablespoons of Dawn dish washing soap in a gallon of water, spray on plant, will kill them

3. Yea i know that, but since i only have a few days or a week left, i didnt want to spray dish soap on my buds, and thats not the point...
    I want to know if even with 5hrs of sun per day, is it doing anythibg to the plants or i my as well just cut them down?
    Thanks!

4. Any one?
    I just wonder if itll do any good to the plant to stay outside with only 4-5hrs of sun.. instead i can just start cutting them down..
    Any opinions?

5. That amount of sun is fine right now...it'll promote them to finish out faster. If they still have some time left...give them more time.

6. Alright thanks!
    Im gona give them a few more days, after that temperatures are supposed to drop drastically and lots of rain..
    I guess another 3-4days of 5/19 can't hurt, but not sure it will help.
    Guess well see...

7. Any sun helps. Even in in-direct sun they're still getting lumens. If a big rain is on the way...hopefully they're covered or you'll probably be getting some broken branches and/or bud rot.

8. Yea thats what i was worried about, some bud rot or root rot too..
    I feel in a rush to harvest mostly because of the aphids. Before they et too bad, i rather cut and hang to dry so they fuck off.
    Ill for sure cut before the big rain storms coming, were having three nice days of warm sunny weather before so should be good!

9. what u in alaska? hey if they were born into this envrironment and the suns cycle changed this plant is used to it and because cannabis can thrive almots anywheree in anyconditions,, imagine all that was cut up when it became illegal it prob took years and they still didnt get it all of it!..

so long as its above 32 degrees F let it go til its ripe!!

10. the aphids eat leaves right? i mena they dont touch the buds!? ehhh let em chomp while ur buds get fat!

11. They chomp on the leaves, but basically all the energy is going towards fixing what theyre eating instead of concentrating on the buds. They are by far the easiest and less intense bugs out there id say, usually a bit of dish soap with water in a spray bottle does the trick, but now woth the buds almost ready, i dont want to be spraying them with dish soap, i can online imagine the taste...
    And no im not in alaska, but i am far north.
    Last night was 33F... its getting cold.
    But during the day it goes up to 68-70 degrees which is good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ooooo id bet shes putting on some pretty colors,,,,,,,, and actuallnaaa leaves lost to aphids chewing is ok, weve got people who take almost all their leaves off and make big buds! keeep an eye on that temp,, even at 32 it could shock it. ive never had such temps id bet ur buds are really bringing out colors..

13. but bet if it hits 32 bunch leaves up all around ur plant if u can !!! maybe a bag even if it fits! or tape quite a few trash bags togather and bunch leaves up and ccover u be fine u better not harvest early!! i wanna see some pics!

14. Its GSC strain so colors are really nice!
    But its mostly in leaves right now. A lot of the buds still have pointy white hairs

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG]
    Awesome colours coming out in certain places!

• Like Like x 1
  16. let her go as long as she can!!

17. i know it throws out trichomes when its hot to protect itself, does it do the same for cold?

18. Im trying!! Haha trust me ive been doing all i can!
    Three nights last week i brought th all inside because it was so cold. And every day i move them all at 2pm so they can get an xtra hour of sun!! Haha

19. I believe it does, and usually with short light periods+cold weather=smaller yield...
    The buds started strong then cold rolled in along with shorter days and they just arent filling in... smallest buds ive had...
    [​IMG]

20. still will be nice smoke!