not enough light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crezydave, Jan 2, 2011.

1. so i germinated my seeds 26 days ago and put in the soil. and this is the outcome after 26 days. i have 6 plants in total under four 4ft t5s. they seem to be very healthy. Are they growing slow due to light? and im using foxfarm ocean that been transplanted 10 days ago.

Attached Files:

2. hi mate, those plants look nice & healthy to be honest, you could argue they are bit small for nearly a month, & adding some extra lighting wont hurt, but they look good id be happy if they were my plants,

plus your letting the soil dry out a good amount between waterings too going by the pics which is the best thing to do

PS. you could always see if you can get the light abit closer, but becarefull not to burn em!

3. Agree .Happy plants . Not to worry.

4. Ha, i have the exact same pots you do.;)

Oh yeah, if you plan to keep those plants in those pots their whole lives you may want to fill the soil up a little bit more, I made this same mistake with not putting enough soil into those pots and have a few rootbound problems very late in my flowering cycle.

Overall plants look great. Keep it up

5. wouldnt it be pointless to put more soil on top? when i repotted my seedlings i filled the pot with soil and when i added water in went all down.

6. Ahh.. Thats a result of not make sure your soil is slightly compacted down while your putting it in. Your supposed to put some in at a time then shake the pot a little bit so it gets rid of any air pockets, then poor more in, repeat.

7. thats a good idea. im a newbie and didnt know that. NOW i know. good advice. cant really do anything now about it. Dam wish i knew about it earlier. doesnt help since i have rocks on the bottom also for drainage

8. Ya live and ya learn my friend.....Ya live and ya learn.

9. dont worrie about it mate, they are absolutely fine as they are, (if anything its something to bare in mind for next time)

any new pics?:)

10. How good is your ventilation? Do you have a fan blowing over your plants?

11. yes i have a fan blowing air onto the plants and i have a little ghetto exhuast fan as well.

12. my guess, you've added no nutes... because the soil would not be disappearing if you were.... your plants are starving

nice Ethiopians

its a joke

13. how far do you keep the t-5 from the top of the plants? they should be as close as possible without burning. for 26 days those plants are small. they are very healthy looking, just small. Because they are healthy and small it is most likely due to lack of lighting since they show no signs of deficiency nor any lockouts due to over ferting. They could just be mainly indica plants. do you know what kind? sorry if it was posted earlier. im too high look.

I use a 4' 4 bulb t-5 and it works great if you keep it 1-2" from the tops of the plants.

14. this is great advice. t5's are awesome and you can put them almost touching the plants without burning

15. updated! really dont know why growth was slowed down. Def wasnt enough feed in the soil. FFOF. They grew pretty good weeks later. i just switched into flowering. and just started to use nutrients and got a hold of my ph. here is an update. btw t5s are great! i put them all close as i can and no burn what so ever.

Attached Files:

16. looking good dave.

i love t-5's. they are great for vegging. If your using it for flower then your going to want to change out the bulbs for some 2700k t-5's. its a different spectrum of light. the plants like the "blue" 6500k when vegging and the "warm" 2700k when flowering.

you should start a grow journal. they are very helpful.

17. Thanks for the advice and yes i did switch the t5s bloom bulbs. this is my first grow i willl def get a grow journal going next time.