Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not enjoying my high for some reason?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by John Dankerson, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Alright I have been high around 20 times or so maybe less. Whenever I smoke I smoke around like a pea sized amount (dont laugh) and its pretty dank. I try not to be ignorant about this stuff I just seem to have problems no one else does. I smoke this tiny amount or maybe 2 peas and then I have trouble walking and stuff which I know is pretty normal. But then my head goes super fast and it makes everything so confusing and I relate everything together and dont hallucinate persay but I imagine the most random things. So I figured this is because I am smoking a sativa dominant.

So I picked up some more indica based which I was told is Blue Dream but who knows. I smoke that and I still get these feelings but much more body high which is what I want. I love the pulsating waves running through my body. But I still feel always confused at the most simple things like I will forget how to tie my shoes or something. Everything Becomes such a difficult task that my high isnt enjoyable. Well just watch tv or something you say. Well my mind is moving so fast or if it isnt as much I still cant concentrate at all and become bored. So I just sit there.

Then comes the burn out. I dont get why I would get this after hardly any. Afterward I feel tired to the extreme.

Most of my buds smoke much much more than me and I realize they have tollerance but they find it extremely entertaining and can get blazed at lunch everyday. I dont understand what I am doing wrong or if Its because I dont have enough tollerance? I know some of you on here that the higher tollerance the less negative effects for the most part.

Sorry to make this so long but I really need an answer to my question because I love that pulsating feeling and intense relaxness but hate the rest. Thanks in advance gentlemen and sorry to be such a noob.

2. what are u smoking out of? Try mflb

3. Sounds like you just have a pretty low tolerance. And why are you using your own quote as your sig? That's like laughing over and over at your own joke. Far be it from me to tell you what to sig but idk man...

4. I totally get what you're saying, I used to have similar problems. Right up until I realized they weren't really problems. Remember that weed seems to enhance every emotion you have, so if you go into a high thinking that its going to be like that, thats ALL you will think about.

Try not to think about it as a stimulant or a depressant or an uppper or a downer. Its an amplifier. If you feel good, you'll feel better. If you're mentally unhappy or concerned, you'll feel worse.

For these reasons consider maybe only smoking late at night or when you're having a lazy day alone until you get more comfortable with it. Getting everything ready beforehand, smoking area, munchies, drinks, etc all where you need it, then blaze up until you're happy with your high, and just chill by yourself or with 1-2 really good friends and watch some TV you don't need to concentrate on. (I can't stand shows with actual storylines you have to follow while high, watch something easy like family guy or south park).

Then, when you start to feel the burnout, plug in your ipod and go to sleep, or at least lay down for a while and really relax and watch TV or play a video game until you're tired enough.

Happy toking. and hope that I helped. Feel free to PM with any more questions or whatever.

5. Waterbottle bong man. Too cheap for that and I hear they are really heady? And it shouldn't make that much of a diff what I smoke out of I wouldnt think?

6. Doesnt sound good from ere...try even smaller tokes if not..
    Maybe weed isnt for you.
    =/

7. Thanks for the response. So its all mental? Or tollerance as well? And if so how often smoking will it take to build up enough tollerance to stop this?

8. I used to feel this exact same way, until I built up tolerance. Then I realized that being tolerant doesn't change the high in any way, it just makes it less intense. I think that you've probably been smoking some really dank bud, and you just need to lay back and appreciate it instead of thinking about how you can make it better. :hello:

Realize that it is a truly great feeling, and with absolutely no tolerance is the best that it gets. I know you may not feel this way now, but if you can learn to appreciate it you'll look back on it later and realize how right you were.

9. Highs get better and better the more you smoke. Tough it out for now, the fun is just beginning!

10. #10 John Dankerson, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
    Haha now I have two conflicting viewpoints. I have heard mixed feelings about this other places as well. Not sure what to think now :/

So you guys think I should smoke even less or will that make it take forever for my tolerance to go up? Which is what I am inferring you guys say is what I want.

11. well if u wanna not be burnt out and have a clear headed high, get the mflb

12. Wait I thought it gives more of a sativa high? Which i thought makes your mind race more and to me is confusing?

Am I getting this wrong?

13. Unless you want your tolerance to stay where it is ... I suggest you start smoking more.

14. indicas always confuse me like this, i buy sativas now, my thoughts are always clear

15. I still live with my parents (yes I am 18) so I get kind of paranoid so its a pain in the ass to and sneak outside and light up and put all my shit away. Then I check to make sure its put away like 10 times and that I closed the door and stuff.

So how many smokes and how often will this take roughly? Thanks

16. Now I am even more confused. I thought sativa makes your mind race and get confused and Indica just gives the body high? :confused:

17. when u start to feel weird dude, just think to urself "no one has ever died from smoking weed"

its the truth and it puts ur mind at ease when tweaking out like that. just try it next time.

18. It's good to remember that even though tons of people like something, you might not.

All my friends like Family Guy, but I don't.

All your friends might like cannabis, but if you don't then you don't. Don't try to force yourself into liking it.:rolleyes:

19. Yeah I dont freak out anymore but my mind still races and I get confused. Its not frightening just annoying and confusing for the most part. Thanks though I did this earlier and it helps a lot.

20. Not forcing myself but I have over an 1/8 of dank and I absolutely love the relaxed feeling and pulsing I just dont like my mind being confused and racing with random thoughts. Know what I mean?