Not being able to post "competitors" links

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Bobbert, Oct 16, 2005.

1. I noticed the zong post you deleted the links to some places to buy zongs online. You say no linking "competitors" on your form. Well if you don't sell any colored zig-zag bongs then you can't exactly call them a competitor when it comes to zongs. You're not losing any business from the person who requested it because he wanted a zong, so if you don't offer it he wanted to go elsewhere. I don't see what the issue is when you help someone find something that is not offered on this website.

I personally don't post links to other products if the same thing is offered, or nothing similar is offered on your site. I understand that aspect of not sharing links because it does take away your revenue. When it comes to something that you don't offer why are you so concerned about posting a link to it? It is not like you are loosing revenue if someone is hell-bent on buying a zong then they are going to go else ware to find it.<o =""></o>

2. If I owned a business with LIKE products, that could possibly take away 1 possible customer, I would consider that bad busines on my part, my fault. And that would just not fly.

3. There is a diffrence between posting links to other sites with normal glass bongs, and posting a link to a site that does not offer a product close to what you sell. When you don't offer it in the first place your not really taking away a customer.

4. Well, I didn't see the link to the zong shop, but assuming they're a regular head shop, they probably sell a lot of the same products as GC, therefore they're a competitor.

It also comes down to advertising. Like if you PM'd the zong shop link to the person who requested it then I imagine it wouldn't be a big deal. But posting a link to a commercial store (of any product type) on the main board is free advertising and that's also against the rules.

5. But we both offer business, yes? And its obvious that both involved in this business is where the consumer is, yes? It pays for itself, think of how much Martha Stewart Living spent on advertising to have that hot spot where the registers for checkout are.
    2+2=stfu!

6. i wish i found that thread before the links went, as i really want to buy a zong but cant find a place online to buy them

7. We have PM's for a reason, people. PM the link to RuffRat. Just don't post it in the forums.

I really see no reason to comment on the thread topic, though. Sensi and Astro did a great job!!! :)

8. that was rather unnecessary, no?

No point in arguing with them though bobbert...

If you want the link, you can PM me...

9. actually cows, I reread the post and ask myself the question every time I do. I even find it slightly out of character. But, the slight guilt I feel, I suppose is justified in my mind because it is extremely easy to edit. and Im sure by now, it wouldve been done if I thought it was necessary. My bad, Bobbert, pretend like its not there, and argue if need be.

10. I hear that most business doesn't actually come from the forum. But I'm betting SJ spends lots and lots of money keeping it up and running for us. Probly best not to argue about competitors links. :p

11. Private Messaging. its there for a reason. there are no rules for PMs, except no mass PMs. simple enough. happy toking. :smoking: