Not about that life anymore

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefBuddha, Apr 2, 2013.

1. So tonight I was at a big party. Drank. Partied. The usual. Except the whole time I just felt weird vibes. I'm 19 and just graduated last year. I know these years are supposed to be your "party years" but I did that all throughout high school and i'm over it.

I want to find the deeper shit in life. I want to go new places and meet new people. To better myself and improve as a person. Don't get me wrong, having a drink every now and then is no problem (I don't smoke anymore). But I just hate that so many lives are revolved around this. My buddies are always drinking and driving and it's just gonna catch up to them.

I don't really know where I was going with this, kind of just venting. But anyone else feel this way? Anyone else wanna just go fucking grow as a person and find a good girl to chill with rather then revolving your lives around partying?

I feel like I had a moment of clarity tonight. Just thought i'd share. And i'm not bashing or hating on people who do party at all like I described. I have done that too up until now. I think everyone should do whatever the fuck they want. But I just feel like a new road has been paved for me.

2. Ya man i fucking hated partying after high school i'd much rather just kick back with some close friends and do shit but i still smoke everyday, I never drink anymore it just makes me feel like a stupid kid.

3. I wish I knew more people with our mindset. I'd much rather stay in all the time but literally every single one of my friends goes out so I get lonely as shit. I miss smoking though. I started just getting really bad highs and bad anxiety while smoking so I've quit and it's been good for me, but in result i've started drinking a lot more which is all bad i've never been a huge fan of alcohol. Hopefully moving to a new city next year and hopefully i'll be able to find some people to kick back with rather then people who just wanna rage every single minute of their lives.

4. Weed > Drink

5. I agree completely. Back when I used to smoke every day I barely even touched alcohol. I just can't handle smoking anymore unfortunately. I hope that i'll be able to smoke again sometime and have a good time. I need to stop drinking so much though. It's just not a good thing for me to be doing. It doesn't help me grow and just makes me feel numb these days. But if other people want too, I'm all for it! I wish I could be just the normal guy who rages and smokes and what not but i'm not. I wanna better myself and i'm constantly trying. I'm not saying alcohol is making me a bad person, but why do something that isn't helping you grow as a person and gives you negative vibes? Weed helped me grow so much back when I used to smoke. Changed my whole entire life for the better. My mind has never been so open.

6. ya man i feel you me and my friends used to be a pretty big group in school like 10+ people and after school we slimmed down to like 4 cause we didn't want to party anymore.

7. The way I see it is, people are so stressed and unfulfilled by their bullshit lives working 9-5 for other people's dreams that they have to medicate with whatever...weed, alcohol or the long list of illicit substances that are widely available to us. There are few without a drug to take the pain away :smoking:

8. Definitely I hope I find something like that. Nobody knows how to kick it these days. It's alright though. It's life, 'this too shall pass'. Before I know it i'll be in a completely different chapter of my life with new challenges.

9. I can definitely agree with that. I've done that. Had a shitty day at work and just come home and get hammered and it's nice to take the edge off. But a while back I took a few months off of everything and was completely sober. Got a little lonely at times but it was really nice to be able to self reflect. People don't realize the power of their minds and what they're able to accomplish. They use it to create this negative energy and numb it by drinking. Whereas they could create positive energy and better themselves. I just think people are lazy these days when it comes to who they are and instead of trying to be a better person or be happier they just think "well i guess this is how it's gonna be" when in reality it could be completely different.

10. Ya man its the sad part about graduating that no one really talks about the fact that after graduation you start to split apart and end up finding new people not allot of people still hangout with the exact same group as when they were in HS it sucks but its apart of life.

11. Definitely I've experienced this. The people I kick it with are my best friends and I love them to death but I just have new sights now. Guess i'll just have to see what happens.

12. I'm also looking for the deeper and broader life... I'll see you there, I'm already on the plane. It's worth it to become one with yourself, and I'm glad you can see it. Honestly get into some 'mastering-your-mind' techniques. You'd be surprised just how much you can do with that big squishy ball of humanity inside your skull. Or maybe you wouldn't be Chief, you seem rather self-realized.
    Best of luck to you on this path you're going down, it's infinitely worth the climb (or descent).

13. Hey man dropping in for support, I found myself in almost the exact same situation, the passed 3 or 4 months I've been drinking a 6 pack a night just to fall asleep. All my friends drank heavily and partied and one night I was just like fuck this; I plan on going completely sober and drink mad juice and shit until the 20th

14. You most def aren't alone brotha, back in high school we had three houses we would party at regularly. At those parties we would pack them with 40-50 people, all of which I knew. We partied probably at least once every weekend from soph to senior year. Then senior year a bunch of kids from my class started drinking and smoking weed, they previously were all looking down on me and the group of people I hung out with because of it, and would frequently talk shit but I paid no mind because hey fuck it I don't care what they say.

They ended up liking that shit way too much, and to this day (three years later) they are still in the same state of mind that I was like soph year of high school. Get fucked up as much and fast as possible. As for me, I go to parties every once innawhile to see some sexy sloots, but other than that I don't enjoy them much. College parties are just stons and tons of people cramped in a small ass space with black lights and people who can't handle their shit. Not for me man, I prefer to go to the bar every once innawhile now a days to relax, but for the most part my kickin it revolves around the 4 buddies of mine I've known since I was about 6, getting together, smoking some ganj and chillin or goin out long boarding. I'd much rather spend my days and nights like that then getting shitfaced and feeling hungover all the next day

15. [quote name='"ChiefBuddha"']. I'm 19 and just graduated last year. I know these years are supposed to be your "party years" but I did that all throughout high school and i'm over it.
    [/quote]

I am in the same exact boat man, i have been saying this for a while now. I kinda screwed up and hit my peak of partying and getting fucked up in high school. Its old news now, its not as awesome as it was before

16. I got out of "partying" when I was maybe 19. Just wasn't doing anything for me anymore. Hell, I didn't even go out on my 21st birthday... I like a drink or two every now and then, but I don't enjoy getting drunk like I used to.

Nothin' wrong with that, I think. I actually hate even being in most bars--it's just an annoying and non-relaxing atmosphere. I'd rather be home reading a book, or at the gym, or out mountain biking. I'm 23, so I guess I'm a little abnormal for my age... but I think I got all the partying out of my system back in high school.

17. If say try smoking again. Same shit happened to me with anxiety but I kept smoking anyway even though every time was a bad high and one day I realised it was all in my head

Only you can finish th

18. Op ain't about that life

19. I like that life, but i also like the smoke weed in the woods, ponder life, existence, and myself life, aswell. If that made sense. Maybe it's about balance for the specific individual?

20. I wanna join you on this journey Buddha. I wanna master my mind and control everything about it. I want too be able to put myself in a happy good vibed mood whenever I'm feeling down. I also wanna gain a new insight on life, a much happier insight. I want clarity and peace. I'm thinking about starting too meditate daily, alsooooooooo you should message me. I'd like too hear more about your trouble with weed.