not a successful grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jr291990, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Not successful but well worth all the time and effort put in learned a lot but now I know what I was and wasn't doing wrong I love grow its a great hobby and lots of fun. Starting a new grow as we speak and I will be successful this time I know I will get some girls cuz I'm using fem seeds

Next grow : blue widow x2 and 1 sour diesel if everything goes well and they pop any advice would be great if any one has grown these strains thanks for all the help with last grow!! :) :)

2. Having looked through a few (of the many, many) threads from the past grow, I would suggest some improvements for the next round. My advice would be:

1. Be able to monitor and control the environment where the plants are growing. Especially in a hydroponic setup, you must have data on reservoir temp and pH at all times. You should also know grow room temp and humidity. You should know what the correct guidelines for upper/lower limits on these variables. You should have a way to adjust each of these if they fall outside those bounds.

2. Work on the fundamentals (as above) of growing before seeking strain-specific advice. There are lots of improvements you can make that will increase the chance of any plant surviving.

3. Provide more information about your setup and conditions when asking for help. It is simply not possible to provide a good diagnosis when the question is a single picture plus "what's wrong?". A wide variety of improper conditions may cause problems that manifest themselves as similar-looking symptoms.

4. Keep a single thread running for your grow, and for soliciting advice. This develops a base of interested followers who know the setup, background, and what you've done so far. And who then may be interested in continuing to help later, when you post in your thread again and a notification pops up for the subscribed. It also serves to keep your progress and improvement neatly documented in a single place for future reference, which can come in handy.

5. Consider gaining experience in a more forgiving growing medium such as soil. In the face of suboptimal conditions, death comes less swiftly to plants in soil than bubbly water.