Not a fan of denver

Discussion in 'General' started by gotexans, Mar 14, 2015.

1. #1 gotexans, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    Hey guys I'm back! As some of you know I moved to Denver to finish my school since the beginning of 2014. Well it's been a year and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a big fan of the city of Denver itself. I freaking love colorado and the people in the small cities (like Boulder and Estes park) , but I don't think I'll be staying in denver to finish up the rest of my schooling( roughly a year). I'm not trying to be hating on denver but has anyone else feel that:
    1.denver people hate texans so bad they will treat you with a bad attitude if you have a southern accent.
    2.super slow drivers( not even the speed limit).

I know that's not a lot cause I think denver is cool but just not for me mainly due to #1. Am I wrong for this ? Or do some you feel like I'm spot on? What are your opinons of the city?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 jay719, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    I can't stand driving in Denver, too much traffic and too many idiots that want to go 20 over in rush hour traffic. We don't have the employment options or plethora of weed stores here that Denver has but I much prefer the pace of smaller towns.

I haven't lived in Denver but as someone who has a very noticeable southern accent (grew up in Alabama) I haven't once felt like anyone was judging me because off how I speak. Quite the contrary I haven't been made to feel more welcome anywhere I lived in the south than I have in southern Co.

3. Eh, honestly?  They don't really like anyone that isn't already from here, not sure if it is because they think we just moved here for weed...Or if they're that stuck up and pretentious.[​IMG]

4. The traffic in Denver just sucks, its gotten worse lately because of all the construction, and the influx of people moving/visiting here since last January.  I've only been here for about 3 years and it seems to have gotten worse the last year.

I'm also from Texas and people would give me a hard time sometimes when I first moved here, but that was only really when I mentioned it.  I don't have an accent so unless I mention it they won't know where I'm from.  People in Colorado and Denver in particular are just frustrated with the recent population growth, its like the secret got out and now every young liberal minded person in the country is moving here to enjoy everything that makes Colorado awesome.

5. Like you said my friend, Co is chill but Denver itself is overhyped. Fuck those people giving you a hard time

'Too blessed to be stressed'

6. You gotta understand many people escaped persecution and the hell hole known as the Bible Belt and moved to cool places like CO and CA to have more personal freedom. And ppl that were already there just don't have patience for country folk. Pry why they resent you naturally.

Not saying that's right. But it is what it is.

When my country friends complain about the city traffic and other aspects of city life I tell them to take their country ass home 😛

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum