Not a beginner, but not a pro either.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IncreasedX, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Only grown a few times, and I always forget how long till they start budding. My plant is a good 5 feet tall, hairy as hell, but will not stop growing (as far as I've seen). Been about... 4.5 - 5 weeks, 12/12, 250Watt HPS. I can take pictures if need be, strain is NL, just kinda curious on if anyone's done this and how long does it take before you can actually start seein the buds form. I ... forgot sadly. Oh... and I got only a little bit more space of growing :-\

2. #2 MrsEd, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
    Pictures would help. You should have some sort of bud by almost five weeks in even if it is a tiny hint.

3. 4.5 - 5 weeks in flowering?

mj needs like 8-12 weeks before flowering is finished. I cant recommend anything earlier.

basically mj needs like 4-8 weeks veg ( 24/0 ) , and 8-12 weeks flower. NL needs like 9-12 weeks of 12/12.

4. Here are 3 diff shots. Cam phone... so not the greatest qual, but they work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: I figure they have another 4 weeks....

5. Maybe it is because I'm a nub, but those white hairy things look like the beginnings of buds to me.

6. same here man, i'm not really experienced but those look like buds starting to grow. give it some time, they will get bigger. and is it 4-5 weeks flowering ?

7. They appear to be flowering nicely. I've never grown NL, but I remember reading on this board somewhere that NL takes a little longer to complete flowering.

8. I have seen 12 weeks quoted as the flowering time for NL, elsewhere on this board...

9. From my limited experience and looking at your pics I'd say you probably don't have much more vertical growth to be concerned about. Looks like it's at the point now that most of the plants energy will be spent budding up. My stretch really slowed after about 4 weeks.

10. The hairiness you stated is buds forming. You are on your way...nothing to worry about. Take some time to search the boards for other growers growing NL and you will be able to see what your buds should look like throughout the long process with her. Good luck for some nice beautiful buds. :wave:

11. I thought it was starting to flower... but its been hairy like that for a good 1-1.5 weeks. Hopefully it stopped growing cause I literally have no more room! Hopefully its finally stopped growing and started to bud.

12. I recommend using this when deciding to harvest.

[​IMG]