Nostaligic Subliminal Message Observations

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DeletedMember4723, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Observations made while I'm high.

So I had been smoking with some friends, and also had a shot of Hot Damn, while we were on a country cruise. They drop me off at home, and I was totally baked, and had a bad case of the munchies. I go into the kitchen to find something to eat, but everything was either too much work and responsibility, or didn't taste good.

By too much responsibilty, I mean I can't walk away from it to play a video game, and leave it for awhile, or I'd forget it, and it'd burn the house down.

So I finally find the one thing I can't fuh cup:

[​IMG]

Though I've made this delightful stoner dish many times on previous occasions, it turned out to be a very tedious task.

I opened the bowl. No problem.
    I put water in it up to the line. - No problem.

I then needed to know how many minutes to cook it for, since my stonerly challenged brain couldn't remember. Instead of just looking for a number and minutes on the directions, I started at the top, with step 1. Open the bowl, then read step 2 Put water up to the line. (which I had already done). It took me about a minute to mentally process the stuff I was reading. I then looked at the bowl that was already open, and tried to open it. I then realized that I had already done that part. It seemed like 5 minutes went by in that amount of time.

So I realize that the temperature is in step 3, so I looked at it and found that i need to cook it for 3 and a half minutes. So I open the microwave, set it on the dish, and by that time, I had already forgot what the cooking time was. I then looked at the bowl, and seen the 3 and a half minutes, and set the microwave for it and let it cook.

Then I leaned against the counter, and was spacing out. I then looked at the microwave and watched as my bowl of Mac n Cheese turned in circles. I then thought back to when I was a kid, and remembered a Chef Boyardee commercial with this dude here:
    [​IMG]
    and he was watching a bowl of raviolli spinning in his microwave, and as he's watching his head starts swaying in circles, and finally he does it so fast and falls over.

Back then, I thought it was funny, but an underlying message never occured to me. But being a stoner, with the munchies, and experiencing that for yourself, you come to the realization that that cool dude in those commercials, was a stoner. Then you realize, that it was like a subliminal message in the commercial. A subliminal message that said:

Smoking pot is cool. You will have the munchies, especially when you're so stoned, and cooking anything on the stove is too dangerous, that you should reach for the Chef Boyardee.

So as a kid, never being exposed to pot, I just liked the cool dude in the commercial, and it made me want to eat Chef Boyardee.

As an adult, when I'm stoned, I reminisce, and as I'm taken back to the nostalgic days of my youth, underlying subliminal messages come out, and tell me that I should eat Chef Boyardee.

It's like a form of Quantum Physics...

But wait, I'm eating Mac N Cheese? Ok, I'm too stoned.

G'nite.

2. rattatat uses tail whip. on an unrelated note. that makes alot of sense. kind of a cool observatioin.

3. I want what you're smoking :smoke:

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhDtQ2RLG9A]YouTube - Walkers Crisps Baked TV Ad[/ame]

5. That may have possibly been the best thing I've ever read in my life

6. Hahahah, you're blitzed out of your mind.

Although, that entire post actually made sense. Doubt it would if I wasn't baked right now, but whatever. Yay for high thoughts.

That reminds me, I have to go to Barnes N Noble for the book "Things Drunk People Say" for a friends birthday.

7. reminds me of t he dell dude "dude your getting a dell" heard he went to prison not sure though. And I remember those adds and what those damn kids wouild do for puffs cereal even tho tastes like cardboard

8. Wow, I just re-read that when I was sober, and my lack of grammar and vocab is funny, not to mention that my motor skills were gone. So funny.

It took me like an hour to make that initial post: finding the pics, typing and formatting it correctly.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KEh0KniRqU]YouTube - Two Tacos for 99 Cents!![/ame]

10. I've never seen that one, but I've seen this one: One of my favorites.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVnPlUCrf8"]YouTube - Jack In The Box Stoner Commercial[/ame]

11. lol! ^ i posted one similar to that.

12. [​IMG]

13. awesome thread is awesome.

"how many should i get?"

"about 30"

"THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING!"

14. LOL to that owl.

15. Oh my gosh I can't believe they're making Velveeta shells and cheese in like cups like that. Shells and cheese are definitely my favorite variant of macaroni and cheese, so this excites me greatly. :D