nose surgery tomorrow, -pain meds

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by M1chael, Jul 15, 2009.

1. just wondering what would be a normal scipt for a broken nose and a deviated septum.

if i have to go through the trouble of nose surgery,
    then i damn sure want some good meds out of it :mad:

2. My guess is morphine post-op immediately then a stronger painkiller afterwards.

3. Screw the meds. I would go through it without it.
    But some people are just hardcore like that when it comes to pain meds.

People either love them or hate them.

The fact that Doctors can prescribe you opiates but I cannot smoke a joint legally pisses me off to no end. Thus I boycott pain medicine.

4. I love not having pain, but the sleepiness and being able to feel my pulse in my arm without touching it sucks IMO

5. i had my nose shattered. which the surgery included reforming my septum and harvesting sinus bone to buiold a bridge. it was an in/out procedure, got there in the early am was home by midnight. its really not all that painful, it was over ten years ago, and i got just regular ole vicodin. thats all, and really was not in any pain whatsoever, granted the first night you are still a bit groggy from the anestshia, they put you way under, or for me they did, so far that you need a resperator to breath for you, so thats a bit uncomfratable coughing out the tube after, but they do it when you are still in twighltight, so it stays a fuzzy memory. then your golden, until they pull the packing a few days later, my doc told me to 2x or even 3x the pain killers, it was justified, that is a fun experince, but other than that, not really going to effect you in the least. i was out at the bar the next night. partying with friends, just had a cover on my nose, lol

6. you'll definitely get something good...maybe perc 10s!

7. #7 garrison68, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    I had some pretty intense pain from an eye socket operation last month, had general anesthesia during the procedure and a shot of Demerol after that, and Tylenol 3 (codeine). Stayed overnight and went home the next day. They only gave me a Tylenol 3 Rx for home. I managed OK with it, and didn't use about 20 of the Tylenol 3 refill - so I'll save them for other things in the future.

8. fuck about to leave..

im nervous as a bitch :(

9. I hope it goes well for you man. Stay strong :)

Update us when you get back. Although it varies alot from doc to doc, my prediction is you will get 15-30 vike 5-500's.

10. i got 5-500 hydrocodones(60),

when i get to feeling better, im going to start cwe'ing them,
    especially after my doc told me not to take any extra tylenol because it makes it keep bleeding.

here's a kinda gross pic, i would take the lower bandage off so you all could actually see my nose, but it would be bleeding down my face.

[​IMG]

:( fuckin gross, i know

11. Well at least you got some rec drugs out of it :)

CWE a good handful of them and enjoy what you deserve :)

12. #12 M1chael, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    just finished cwe'ing 6 of them,
    slowly drinking through a straw.

oh, and i did get morphine after,
    had to complain a bit to get 2 shots though.

13. for anyone who's gone through nose surgery,
    when is the earliest you would recommend smoking pot?

so far its coming to the end of day 1 after the surgery,
    im guessing i shouldn't smoke for at least a couple more days :S

14. you should've asked your doctor... I ask my dentist when i had wisdom teeth removed and they said 24 or maybe a dry socket... I just smoked a lil that day and there was no dry socket.

15. lol you nutter

16. yeaahh,
    the pills are one of the reasons that i went through this. (im terrified of hospitals)

not to mention i only have a gram of pot left and it's not like i can really run out to get more at the moment :S

17. hope it went well mate, your face looks worse than mine, and my bridge was shattered, lol. but for me i already had a ready acces point, no need to cut flesh, the gash was wide enough they worked through it and the nostrils (sick sounding aint it). I remember the pain as being fairly minor, a little soar, but then again my bones were already turned to dust, and sinus harvesting took place, so my tolerance level may have been high prior to the OP due to the fact that i had been having an injury fro a week. they had to wait like 7 days for the trauma to settle down so that they could repair. honestly i dont rem, but i think i did not even quite smoking, no longer than 1-2 days after surgery.

18. when i shattered my wrist they told me the same thing. i dont know if it was the procedure (surgery placing 4 pins, a titanium plante and a screw) or what but i scored some oxycodone 10mg. no APAP(tylenol) or any BS. i had to have 4 pins sticking out of my wrist for weeks. it was the LEASt they could do lol

19. Shoulda told em your allergic to tylenol, they probably woulda gave you something better and more pure.

20. #20 M1chael, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
    my nose is really starting to sting,
    and its kinda late at night to be doing a cwe(not to mention I've already downed 8 pills(40mg) today, and i want to conserve.

after searching and not really finding any answers,
    I've decided to go smoke a bowl.

ill update on the -/+ effects it has so soon after surgery.

update:

positive-
    im high
    i have an appetite again
    minor pain relief
    starting to get drowsy

negative-
    nose feels like it weighs more
    im more aware of my injury/nose, weed kind of brought me out of my opioid fog

overall, im glad i smoked..
    i used nasal spray soon after so i don't notice any dryness as of yet,
    now im popping 2 hydrocodone(2 shouldn't hurt my liver too bad :S) and a 25mg promethezine to help me sleep